Hosepipe ban in the north west

because the have lots of leaks and I think the other reason is that up there they rely on rivers whereas further south we rely on resevoirs ie they have less reserve.

Its not helped by the fact that although they are going to have trouble everywhere next spring they don't bother asking people to limit their use now they just wait until everything becomes urgent:loopy:

how can they have a hosepipe ban in place up in the north west when only a few months ago they were under loads of water from flooding? :huh:

Because they lose 460 million litres of water a day due to leaks in their network...a 4 person family uses about 600 litres a day..you do the maths.. :)

I've driven across to Manchester a few times in the last month and the big resevoirs there are bone dry or at very, very low levels in other places. They've been like that for a few weeks now.

Do these resevoirs serve us or Stockport/Manchester?

then why isnt nobody held to task and fired over it? why does this country sit back and accept fat cat bosses taking all the profits then its the people who have to suffer

There'd be uproar if it was 460 million litres of any other product but no-one seems to give a stuff about water...If I were a United Utilities shareholder I don't think I'd be so sanguine about it....

I've driven across to Manchester a few times in the last month and the big resevoirs there are bone dry or at very, very low levels in other places. They've been like that for a few weeks now.

Do these resevoirs serve us or Stockport/Manchester?

Being as the pennines are in the way I think they're for the west...

Archived