Raw meat: would you, could you, do you?

A bloody good meal?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. A bloody good meal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not never

A carpaccio isn't strictly raw. It can be seared on the outside. Admittadly it is probably about 98% uncooked!

Authentic Harry's Bar carpaccio is raw and it's bl*&dy loverly. As is steak tartare. Would happily eat beef or Venison very rare/raw.

Love sashimi too!

I regularly eat tartares and gravlax. Yum :)

the texture of it,
...will vary a lot according to preparation (which is a very personal thing). Depends how spicy one likes it/what you put in/how much of it. Ketchup, Dijon mustard, tabasco, egg yolk, diced onion, capers...the list is endless, and completely optional.

the temperature of it.
Best eaten with thin fries (for temperature contrast ;)).

Yes mom I have. How could I possibly not like something I've never tried?:roll::loopy:

;)

Because loads of people claim they don't like stuff when they've never tried it. I was just checking. For someone who doesn't like raw meat you're quick to bite my head off! ;)

Steak, pork and chicken is sometimes eaten raw by yours truly. I prefer steak completely raw but sometimes when I go for a meal they insist it at least sees a flame.

I like pork and chicken partially cooked, I simply cant stomach it when its "Properly" cooked.

Gravadlax isn't really raw, its cured which is sort of like a cooking process.
You're being picky, a bit, there... :D

I omitted foie gras, prepared in the same manner (salt-cured)...which is orders of magnitude nicer than cooked or pan-fried. Oh yes.

Authentic Harry's Bar carpaccio is raw and it's bl*&dy loverly. As is steak tartare. Would happily eat beef or Venison very rare/raw.

Love sashimi too!

A decent carpaccio of beef is something I've yet to try. (It was invented at Harry's Bar wasn't it?) What's all this carpaccio of pineapple that you see on menu's? :huh:

I prefer my meat as raw as possible, I've started to cook chicken and certainly pork a little under too. I roasted a fore rib of beef recently; seared the outside and just 30 minutes in the oven, it was perfect.

I prefer most seafood in a state of nature too . . . oysters, razor clams. Saying that, there's some fish dishes coming out of S. Korea that I've watched on youtube that I'd think twice about eating.

Here's one, though don't look if you're squeamish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTjBFI4VVys

Archived