Raw meat: would you, could you, do you?

A bloody good meal?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. A bloody good meal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not never

There's something about taking a rump steak out of the fridge and just getting stuck into it that seems VERY wrong.
I've got a delightful image of you sat by a fridge with a steak hanging off your chops and a confused look on your face!

I love calves livers, I get rather annoyed in some restaurants when they serve other livers up and try to pass them off as calves.
You should try chicken livers, lightly panfried (soft, not hard) in garlic and butter, and tossed in a green leaf salad (2xoil + 1xbalsamic + finely chopped garlic clove (1 or 2) + salt + pepper dressing, optionally some chopped chives). With a fresh baguette.

One of my little 5-min-it's-done culinary sins ;)

When I was a chef I used to resent cooking anything well done
I once had this huge argument with a friend we had invited for dinner. We had invited a few friends round, but she always had her meat well done, and wouldn't budge. So everybody got fillet, except her for whom I got sirloin (a mighty fine cut, admittedly). I just would not cook fillet well done, period. Well...what had I done? How come she did not get fillet like everybody else? Yadda-yadda-yadda :rolleyes:

You should try chicken livers, lightly panfried (soft, not hard) in garlic and butter, and tossed in a green leaf salad (2xoil + 1xbalsamic + finely chopped garlic clove (1 or 2) + salt + pepper dressing, optionally some chopped chives). With a fresh baguette.

One of my little 5-min-it's-done culinary sins ;)

Thanks, I'll print that off and try it tomorrow. The chicken livers come in little plastic pots if I recall.

I once had this huge argument with a friend we had invited for dinner. We had invited a few friends round, but she always had her meat well done, and wouldn't budge. So everybody got fillet, except her for whom I got sirloin (a mighty fine cut, admittedly). I just would not cook fillet well done, period. Well...what had I done? How come she did not get fillet like everybody else? Yadda-yadda-yadda :rolleyes:
Did you explain that it was because she was a pleb who had no respect for animals?

Thanks, I'll print that off and try it tomorrow.
My pleasure, enjoy :)

The chicken livers come in little plastic pots if I recall.
I honestly don't know, I get them fresh from our local butcher and presentation isn't his forte..so I get them in bags/ziplocks :hihi:

Did you explain that it was because she was a pleb who had no respect for animals?
Not got much of a chance, as she is a reformed veggie, so still tender (:D) about the whole meat thing...

Thanks, I'll print that off and try it tomorrow. The chicken livers come in little plastic pots if I recall.

..and dead cheap.

I once had L00b's dish but the cook swapped balsamic for raspberry vinegar, it was really good :)

Archived