Raw meat: would you, could you, do you?

A bloody good meal?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. A bloody good meal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not never

Steak just has to be well done, there's nothing worse than cutting into a steak and finding it red raw....
As opposed to cutting into it and finding that every bit of flavour and all the texture has been cooked out of it and it could e used as shoe leather...

The lilly livered among you might not want to look at This.

It was a three pound steak that yours truly demolished at a restaurant called `The Ragley` a few months ago.

They call it `The Titanic` and ask if you can sink one.

I sank one.

I wanted it raw but they said it had to be cooked but not for long because it was too big to fit into the oven or onto their grill or whatever it is people use to cook steaks of that size.

As you can see, the blood is literally PUMPING out of it and my chips and veggies were soaking it all up very nicely but there was still enough for me to use two bread rolls to mop up the remainder after I`d made a glutton of myself.

I even had a huge sticky toffee pudding for dessert because I`m a disgusting pig of a man.

I cant see how anyone would not want to tuck into that sweety, even vegetarians must be secretly drooling at the sight of it.

I've tried most meats raw just as I wondered what it tasted like raw when cooking, raw steak and bacon is ok, prefer it cooked though!

I do like steak, vension and duck rare but pork, lamb and chicken has to be cooked fully. Raw chicken has a horrible texture :gag:. Cheap cuts taste much better cooked for ages, lamb tastes better if it's cheap and cooked slowly for hours :)

Saw a docy on tv few weeks back about parasites.

Meat and fish are prone to them. I don't fancy ring worm :hihi:

I saw that too - Monsters inside me. Very insightful but scary. Enough to make one paranoid. I'm not a fan of raw meat although can't remember if I've ever had sashimi. When it comes to eating meat, my philosophy is better overcooked (not burnt though) than undercooked.

Archived