Pizza toppings - be creative!

_ bottled tomato sauce from Aldi (tried many from many stores, this one is best - apart from 100% homemade of course!)

_ fresh buffalo tomato thinly sliced (not too much, about 5-6 slices)

_ fresh mozzarella (if you can find it, otherwise the stuff in 'squidgy packs' from supermarkets) cut in irregular bits, dotted about

_ chorizo slices cut in small irregular bits, dotted about

_ ham off the bone cut in irregular bits, dotted about

_ some parmesan shavings (use a potato peeler)

...on a homemade thin base (I'd have to ask the Mrs for the recipe, but I do know the dough rests for quite a while in the airing cupboard!). Real pizzaiolos don't do thick bases - nuff said!

Classic is as classic does, but oh my... it's all about the thickness of the base and the quality of the ingredients, not the quantity (and this, from the Pizza Monster™ speaking :D)

Having that tonight, as it happens :banana:

Anyone here want some ...pics? :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

I like raisins, butterbeans, cashew nuts and capers on pizzas along with all the usual mushroom, sweetcorn, peppers.

Now long gone, Big Mamas pizza place in Leeds used to do one called Rainbow Warrior which contained all of the above and that used to be my sunday night treat when i was a student. Would also suffice for Monday breakfast.

I've not changed i've just had cold pizza for breakfast now. :hihi:

Archived