Children screaming, is this right?

It's summer, they are kids and it's obviously affecting you but just MTFU and have a gentle word. Don't expect social services to do your dirty work at our expense.

In fact don't let SF do it either. The opinions here are just that, opinions, and opinions are like backsides - everyone has one. For all we know it might be you that's sensitive rather than a case for taking peoples kids away because they are loud / no shade / chastised / whatever.

Kids will not be removed of any single one of these reasons, but depending on severity, time scales and if there are concerns by other people. We dont have insight or enough facts to judge the situation, I was just pointing out, the difference between children who play out all day (as does my 5yr old) and ones that are shut out and neglected.

Poor kids :( The OP has been edited so I can't read all the initial concerns but the thought of children being mistreated in any way makes me feel sick. We don't know, obviously, if this was the case here (especially as like I said, can't see the initial details) but I hope something is done for the better.

Good on you for caring Fridayfeelin, many people thesedays have suspicions but just don't do anything.

i know you cant stop a kid crying iv got 2!! was posing the question to the girl who said she wouldnt let her child scream as it would 'get on her nerves', just wondered how she would do that?

There's a difference between a small child having a tantrum as they do, and children who yell and scream all the time. Tantrums don't go on all day, and most kids can play at least some of the time without having to scream! My small g/d (3) can tantrum with the best of them, and it is LOUD when she starts. So her parents bring her in from the garden and take her up to her room til she calms down. That way she disturbs no-one else and realises that she won't get her own way no matter how loud she yells!

Children need to be taught that tantrums and screaming aren't acceptable behaviour. They also need interaction and attention from their parents, and from the OP's original post it didn't sound as if they were getting much.

There's a difference between a small child having a tantrum as they do, and children who yell and scream all the time. Tantrums don't go on all day, and most kids can play at least some of the time without having to scream! My small g/d (3) can tantrum with the best of them, and it is LOUD when she starts. So her parents bring her in from the garden and take her up to her room til she calms down. That way she disturbs no-one else and realises that she won't get her own way no matter how loud she yells!

Children need to be taught that tantrums and screaming aren't acceptable behaviour. They also need interaction and attention from their parents, and from the OP's original post it didn't sound as if they were getting much.

the post was refering to a the girl who said she can hear the kids next door screaming through the wall, and then went to say she wouldnt allow her child to do it as it would 'get on her nerves' and was simply asking how she expects to stop a small child who is having a tantrum, even if they were in their room she would still be able to hear! My children scream and make loud noises all the time when they are playing and there would be no way i would bring them inside and stop them playing because they may be a bit loud. My neighbours have children who also play outside and make noise's there's also no way that i would complain as they are just children and just playing!!!

the post was refering to a the girl who said she can hear the kids next door screaming through the wall, and then went to say she wouldnt allow her child to do it as it would 'get on her nerves' and was simply asking how she expects to stop a small child who is having a tantrum, even if they were in their room she would still be able to hear! My children scream and make loud noises all the time when they are playing and there would be no way i would bring them inside and stop them playing because they may be a bit loud. My neighbours have children who also play outside and make noise's there's also no way that i would complain as they are just children and just playing!!!

I know young kids can be noisy, I accept that very young kids will cry and scream and have tantrums, but what annoys me is kids screaming just for the sake of it. The kids are not always 'having a tantrum' it sounds like they are just screaming while they are playing. Sometimes it sounds like they are having a contest who can scream loudest. The parents leave them upstairs, very occasionally they will shout up the stairs at them to shut up or tell them "X get down here nah before I break yer neck"

When I was young my mum would have told me to keep the noise down.

I'm glad someone kind of agrees with me, Ms Macbeth, especially someone who has kids themselves.

Archived