Need help with sorting train booking out

Hi

I have phoned national rail enquiries and got through to a lady with a very strong pakistan/Indian accent, I could hardly understand her and she could hardly understand me!!!

Then i tried Arriva trains and it was the same again. Now before anyone starts im not racist by any means but I find it disgusting that people should work on a call centre if they can't speak clearly enough for people to understand them.

I worked on a call centre for years and spoke to people of all nationalities and NEVER had a person struggle with understanding me. Therefore I don't expect the same when I call. It's bloody rubbish to be quite honest!!!! :rant:

Secondly I dont like booking things online so I dont want to do it that way.

Thirdly. I want an open return (dont know what time im setting off, or returning) but both outgoing and inbound will be on Sunday the 8th August 2010. I am going to Wilmslow (via stockport). There are 2 adults travelling and I am aware of the train times and chanding times, Its just the prices I need.

Is it easier to actually go to the train station and speak to someone who can actually understand plain english?! *sigh*

Archived