Raoul Moat - one and only thread.

If you didnt see the stand off then the police was about 15-20 yard away from Moat, if that is out of range for Tazer then what is the point in the Police having it?

Retracting back to what the Police told the public was "the tazer was introduced so it would give the officer the chance to subdue a suspect without serious harm". :loopy::loopy:

Jokers

If that is the case I have to ask why the police were so close when they were confronting an armed man who had killed. Had a police officer been shot there would be very different questions being asked now.

Why does someone shout let go of me in the final seconds??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz9XmRb8zTM&feature=related

It sounds very similar to the Chief guy (whoever he is) shouting 'get that gun away' to me. But it's strange.

I seem to hear, two cracks (probably tazers) a short silence, then, shoutings. It's unclear to me what is being shouted, but someone on the link above, says it is Moat shouting 'I'm unarmed' 3 or 4 times, and from what I hear, that could be possible.

When the Chief guy announced Moat had shot himself, did anyone else feel that before he even started to speak, he knew that Moat was dead? I read it all over him.

I'm not sure about the Acting CC's (Alice from Vicar of Dibley) speech, I didn't like the phrase 'during this time officers discharged tazer, however, this did not prevent his death' it is far too contrived, for my liking.

When the Chief guy announced Moat had shot himself, did anyone else feel that before he even started to speak, he knew that Moat was dead? I read it all over him.

I'm not sure about the Acting CC's (Alice from Vicar of Dibley) speech, I didn't like the phrase 'during this time officers discharged tazer, however, this did not prevent his death' it is far too contrived, for my liking.

1) Yes but it isn't up to the police to pronounce somebody dead.

2) Don't most official statements sound contrived?

It sounds very similar to the Chief guy (whoever he is) shouting 'get that gun away' to me. But it's strange.

I seem to hear, two cracks (probably tazers) a short silence, then, shoutings. It's unclear to me what is being shouted, but someone on the link above, says it is Moat shouting 'I'm unarmed' 3 or 4 times, and from what I hear, that could be possible.

If it didnt 'prevent' his death then what did it do is my question,and why at that time was it/they used? I suspect they snook up on him from behind. Moat had already said he suspected that although the negotiator put earlier noises down to kids,ha ha are you kidding???

I suspect they snook up on him from behind. Moat had already said he suspected that although the negotiator put earlier noises down to kids,ha ha are you kidding???

And risk cross fire where the police could accidentally shoot their own? Not going to happen.

If that is the case I have to ask why the police were so close when they were confronting an armed man who had killed. Had a police officer been shot there would be very different questions being asked now.

According to Wiki the maximum range is 35 feet. It does seem strange that police were within that distance of an armed man who had already shot one of their own. You have to wonder what Moat's reaction would have been had the Taser missed or failed.

Archived