Raoul Moat - one and only thread.

Apparently, there was an element of mistaken identity - he believed that the new boyfriend was a policeman, and refused to believe until just before he shot himself that he wasn't a copper - the ex had apparently told him this to try and keep him away. Apparently, he was distraught that he wasn't a copper.

Which indicated to me he had some mental thing specific to coppers?

I meant mistaken identity of Moat - it wasn't like the Menezes case.

PC Rathband has now been told he will never see again.

And there are a few posting on this thread that would do well to remember this.

He was sitting in his car, doing his job and was shot by this loser/thug for no other reason than for his choice of profession.

He neither asked for nor deserved this.

And there are a few posting on this thread that would do well to remember this.

He was sitting in his car, doing his job and was shot by this loser for no other reason than for his choice of profession.

He neither asked for nor deserved this.

Not everyone who is critical of the police's handling of this case is necessarily anti-police, you know. And it doesn't mean that they don't have every sympathy for his victims, including Chris Brown, who wasn't even warned that Moat might be a threat to him.

Not everyone who is critical of the police's handling of this case is necessarily anti-police, you know. And it doesn't mean that they don't have every sympathy for his victims, including Chris Brown, who wasn't even warned that Moat might be a threat to him.

Moats ex partner must have suspected though - she has to take some responsibility for this. Telling Moat he was a police officer didn't help either.

Which is why it's usually difficult to discuss such cases.

I wouldn't say he deserved to be shot but i won't loose sleep over it. Neither do i care if the police did eveything they could or not, i can't see anything different would ultimately have happened. At least no one else was killed.

The fact that most of his attack was planned whilst incarcerated shows he had no moral compass to guide him and no concern for any other type of penalty for his crimes.

Which is why it's usually difficult to discuss such cases.

I wouldn't say he deserved to be shot but i won't loose sleep over it. Neither do i care if the police did eveything they could or not, i can't see anything different would ultimately have happened. At least no one else was killed.

The fact that most of his attack was planned whilst incarcerated shows he had no moral compass to guide him and no concern for any other type of penalty for his crimes.

Very well articulated.:thumbsup:

Moats ex partner must have suspected though - she has to take some responsibility for this. Telling Moat he was a police officer didn't help either.

I'm sure she does, but I'm also pretty sure that she wouldn't have been discussing Moat with her new boyfriend with the windows open, whilst Moat was listening to them, getting increasingly wound up, if she had been alerted of his intentions.

Archived