Raoul Moat - one and only thread.

I'm sorry, but I have zero sympathy for anyone who kills for pleasure. I am not sorry he is dead, and these will be my last comments on it.

I do understand that friends and family of the dead man will mourn their loss for the person he used to be. However whatever twisted and perverse thoughts were going through this chaps head when he killed, should have been no reason for him to act as he did, nor are they reason for so many people to revere him as they have on Facebook. The fact that people seem to worship him sickens me almost as much as his crimes.

I stand by the Police and their actions 100%, Moat killed, therefore in order to prevent further loss of life, they acted as they did. Long may such action continue. As has been previously said, he should have been shot at the first opportunity.

Bring back decent standards of justice - the death penalty for the most serious of crimes. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth - unlawfully take a life - lose your own. That is my take on it, and no namby-pamby process of 10-15 years on death-row facing appeals etc, if it is as cut and dried as this case was, then execute them within a week.

I just hope those who aided and abetted him, either with hiding places or weapons are brought to account.

Its one thing to be mentally unhinged, but another if people willingly assisted him.

I think that can be relied upon.

What about those that indirectly assisted him, by ignoring the prison services warnings?

EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is supporting that animal on facebook should have their internet connection withdrawn , and banned from it for life and be named and shamed in the national press.

A typically absurd and overboard reaction. You can change your name BENN, but you can't change your personality.

A typically absurd and overboard reaction. You can change your name BENN, but you can't change your personality.

I don't see what the problem was with his last post? he was simply saying what everyone thinks, apart from the internet bit.

Charming. This is a tragic story and some respect for his family and friends might be appropriate don't you think?

A little bit of a late reply LB, apologies. I forgot I wrote in this [it seems to have been merged and I didn't get an email response], but I find it rude when someone doesn't reply to something that I have quoted and questioned, so I'll do no less.

I was perhaps not charming, but I think it was in his hands to consider his family and friends.

Archived