Raoul Moat - one and only thread.

If the police didn't kill him I would have done it! Stupid lump of brainless puss!

I can't understand why there is an enquiry into why the police used those taser guns! They should have just used real guns as soon as they saw him & killed him as soon as possible!

If the police didn't kill him I would have done it! Stupid lump of brainless puss!

I can't understand why there is an enquiry into why the police used those taser guns! They should have just used real guns as soon as they saw him & killed him as soon as possible!

yeah right, ten gallon hat on a two-pint head alert!

Did the Police kill him? He did shoot one of their own, which would explain the biggest police manhunt in UK history... :suspect:

Who cares who killed him, if indeed anyone did? "They weren't going to take him alive" anyway, according to his ridiculous bravado and they didn't so that's O.K. I just wish the media would stop giving this case endless publicity, complete with soundbites from brain dead Geordies.

• 2 months later...
I have no wish to see his facebook page. He should not be called a hero or legend after what he did. However, his friends and family have every right to mourn his demise and passing and we are supposed to live in a free country, where people should have the right to express themselves. The police calls to pull the website will just serve to further alienate themselves from this growing group of people. If you know you're going to be upset by something like this on facebook, you shouldn't look. Not everything is black and white. The system is flawed, you can't expect mentally ill patients to attend appointments, many don't as there moods are unpredictable, through no fault of their own. Whatever, a person has done, in this country, we get them to trial, find out the facts, and then act. Of course he needed to be tracked down and apprehended but it does appear to many members of the public as if the police were too disinterested, until a police officer was terribly wounded, and the whole case should have been handled better from start to finish. There is a distrust of the police and a lack of respect amongst many, and also the belief that the police are not as accountable to the public as they should be, the website illustrates this, and the silence surrounding what happened to Moat in his final minutes has heightened this, in my opinion.

Interesting. His friends and family have the right to mourn him but not on a public forum. What next? a Fred West tribute page? It would be the same principle.

The police calls will further alienate them from this growing group of people? So what? This group are the underclass/chavs/pikeys/scum, whatever word you use it's the lowlife living on petty feral crime and undeserved benefits. The kind of kidults who commit crime then wail when arrested for it.

As for the enquiry into Moat's death, the police were justified in killing him and it's pretty amazing they had tasers. Let's face it high powered rifles would have been the only option anywhere else. The police are not obliged to give uninvolved people every detail on Moats death either. You say they were disinterested. They are not social workers, they respond to crime reports. His being nicked multiple times shows a fair degree of interest. The state also offered him help as has been mentioned. Moat saw normal society and its institutions as corrupt because he was an insane manchild and they would not do what he wanted.

Interesting. His friends and family have the right to mourn him but not on a public forum. What next? a Fred West tribute page? It would be the same principle.

The police calls will further alienate them from this growing group of people? So what? This group are the underclass/chavs/pikeys/scum, whatever word you use it's the lowlife living on petty feral crime and undeserved benefits. The kind of kidults who commit crime then wail when arrested for it.

As for the enquiry into Moat's death, the police were justified in killing him and it's pretty amazing they had tasers. Let's face it high powered rifles would have been the only option anywhere else. The police are not obliged to give uninvolved people every detail on Moats death either. You say they were disinterested. They are not social workers, they respond to crime reports. His being nicked multiple times shows a fair degree of interest. The state also offered him help as has been mentioned. Moat saw normal society and its institutions as corrupt because he was an insane manchild and they would not do what he wanted.

If he was an insane manchild, why are you giving him and his delusions houseroom?

If he was an insane manchild, why are you giving him and his delusions houseroom?

I don't see the thread as giving him any kind of respect or my contribution as recognising his delusions. I am reacting to people's reactions, particularly Darth's.

Archived