Backgammon!

Originally posted by Dadda

Yeah - now that you mention it I'm suffering withdrawl as well.

We could get a game over a virtual channel - I used to play on FIBS a lot.

Dadda!,

Your the first person I've come across who's heard of FIBS (well apart from the people on FIBS of course!). I used to play quite a bit there too.

Nomme

after reading this post last night I went onto fibs and starting playing & chatting with a guy who recomended monkeyroyale.com which is some sort of league site that uses yahoo backgammon as it's game engine.

I played a couple of games after registering with them and it seems like a good idea. I haven't got to grips with the site or it's underlying principles but it doesn't seem like it's badcore.

There is something called monkey bucks but these seem to be more about attaching some 'value' to games that are started so as to discourage people from abandoning games halfway through etc.

The people that play on monkeyroyale seem friendly (much like here actually) and quite good at backgammon! I've been invited to play in a tournement tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Edd

Did anything ever come up about that league/ladder Nomme? Ive been back into the gammon recently, spending a bit of time on FIBS, but its not quite the same as playing against real people...

Edd

Funny you should mention it...the landlord was trying to sort something out last night. He's got 8 people interested and he's not sure how it's going to be organised yet so it's still a bit up the air.

I think he wants to stick with 8 for the time being so that it's easier to work things out eg. having a knockout comp as well as a little league.

Still, league aside, I'll give you a game if you like - PM me if your interested. I could introduce you to some of the other BG players too.

Nomme

• 1 month later...

Archived