"just a", "shouldn't be", "should only"..

Getting sick of seeing this on especially the Sheffield Vacancy part of the forum.

Hey, if it's "just a", or "shouldn't take too long" or "should only", WHY are you asking professional trades people to do it for you if you're obviously too important to do it yourself and "just" don't have the time?

Either pay the correct rates for the services you're advertising for, or do it your self, and don't bother us at a later date with "started it myself, just needs finishing off".

You've cocked it up, admit it. Now stop kidding yourself that you're qualified to be in a position to devalue these services, and get that wallet out, you tight fisted dopey sod:loopy:

Did it not occur to you that the people saying just a or shouldn't take too long simply dont have the skills to do the required work and therefore are just assuming it wont take long.

And to be honest with an attitude such as this i certainly wouldn't want to ask you for help as it would be automatically assumed that im just doing it to try and adjust the rates of the service.

Also it should be took into consideration that some people dont have many disposal funds so even if these jobs need doing they WILL try to cut the cost and no-one could or should fault that.

Fair enough. Forgive me, I had a bit of a rant on earlier.

Times ARE indeed tough, for everyone. But people of low empathy and bullish natures seem to win out no matter what.

A bit of healthy bartering is to be expected, fine.

But whatever is wrong with asking for advice from several sources before procuring a service you need?

I wouldn't walk into a hairdressers' and say 'I've heard cutting hair is easy, but I can't be bothered to do it myself. How does two quid sound?'

Where are the incentives to be proud of what we choose to do in life if they're undermined before we start?

Archived