Bully, or bullied at school? How have you turned out?

I was bullied but I think I have turned out ok. I haven't turned into a bully as many bullied kids do in their later years. I take pride in the fact that I spend a lot of my spare time teaching youngsters self defence.

The kids that I teach are more often than not victims of bullying. It is a great feeling watching a youngster develop their confidence and over come their fear of their more outgoing peers. This is something that was not offered to me as a kid.

What are your experiences in later life as either an ex-bully, or someone who was bullied?

Paul this is brave of you to bring this subject up. I was never bullied in the physical sense, but because I was good at writing and spelling, I was passed empty exercise papers, and asked to write other pupils essays, who could not write. I dare not say no, and looking back this was a kind of bullying wasnt it ?

Paul this is brave of you to bring this subject up. I was never bullied in the physical sense, but because I was good at writing and spelling, I was passed empty exercise papers, and asked to write other pupils essays, who could not write. I dare not say no, and looking back this was a kind of bullying wasnt it ?

Yes, this was a kind of bullying. You did what they asked for fear of what may happen if you didn't.

I wasn't bullied in the physical sense so much, I was a big lad and thinking back they were a bunch of cowards. Lots of name calling is what I got.

I had a small group of friends, "geeks" in the eyes of the other students.

We all did well in our studies, but outside our little group we struggled with the social side of things.

I only recall one time when I was bullied. She hung about in a group and used to kick me everytime she saw me. One day I walked up some stairs at school and she was at the top on her own, she kicked me, I booted her back, after that she never did it again. One time I was told not to go to the shops as so and so was going to smack me, so at lunch time I went to the shops, ended up with some of her fag :)

your post count is insane......was bullied, all the bullies work in low paid backward jobs......i win simple as that....:D nature

Glad you have made good.

Do you think there is any truth in the old saying "The bullied become the bully's"?

I bumped into my 'worst nightmare' bully on this forum recently. He was enquiring after some school pictures I had mentioned on some other thread. He PMed me and seemed quite shocked when I reminded him what a nasty person he had been.

Archived