Bully, or bullied at school? How have you turned out?

I was bullied at school, both physically and mentally. I suppose it was my own fault that it carried on all the way through secondary school because i never told anyone about it, as a result it has left me with no self confidence and find it difficult to trust people but on the otherhand i won`t let people walk all over me now and will stand up for myself if need be. But i have never bullied anyone as a result of being bullied myself.

Thank you Jackie thats is what I wanted to hear.:)

I had a very bad incident of being constantly bullied throughout Year 10 at school. Long story short, I had a large group of friends and I finally lost it with one of them after being wound up for ages over lots of silly things. They acted all innocent and from then I was almost completely "shunned" from the group, but because I had no other friends, I had to "hang" with them which usually meant I was subjected to verbal abuse, luckily, no physical abuse. The rest of the year was just hell, everyday I would actually hate going to school and praying that maybe it would just blow over. Sometimes, the one who I'd lost it with wasn't in school and those were the days that the rest of the group seemed to like me, so that was a sigh of relief, but then towards the end of the year, things just got worse. Taunting texts, rumors spread and there were a lot of humiliating social situations, such as one time our year was sent to the hillsborough college to learn about A-levels, but on the journey there, my "group" went to one of their houses, I "tagged" along and when we got there, they locked me outside, threw stuff at me and swore at me - that was before we even got to the college, I don't want to talk about the rest of the journey.

Happily, for some bizzare reason, they all decided to make up with me at the end of the year, naturally I was suspicious, but since then, we've been the best of friends :l

It didn't really have an affect on me, but during the whole time I was bullied, I was very depressed and antisocial, but since we made up, I felt much better about life and no, I never became a bully.

I had a very bad incident of being constantly bullied throughout Year 10 at school. Long story short, I had a large group of friends and I finally lost it with one of them after being wound up for ages over lots of silly things. They acted all innocent and from then I was almost completely "shunned" from the group, but because I had no other friends, I had to "hang" with them which usually meant I was subjected to verbal abuse, luckily, no physical abuse. The rest of the year was just hell, everyday I would actually hate going to school and praying that maybe it would just blow over. Sometimes, the one who I'd lost it with wasn't in school and those were the days that the rest of the group seemed to like me, so that was a sigh of relief, but then towards the end of the year, things just got worse. Taunting texts, rumors spread and there were a lot of humiliating social situations, such as one time our year was sent to the hillsborough college to learn about A-levels, but on the journey there, my "group" went to one of their houses, I "tagged" along and when we got there, they locked me outside, threw stuff at me and swore at me - that was before we even got to the college, I don't want to talk about the rest of the journey.

Happily, for some bizzare reason, they all decided to make up with me at the end of the year, naturally I was suspicious, but since then, we've been the best of friends :l

It didn't really have an affect on me, but during the whole time I was bullied, I was very depressed and antisocial, but since we made up, I felt much better about life and no, I never became a bully.

It would seem that the bullied don't always turn out to be bullys. This has been my personal experience and I am pleased that so many others have turned out the same way.

I suppose it begs the question: Why does a bully become a bully in the first place?

It would seem that the bullied don't always turn out to be bullys. This has been my personal experience and I am pleased that so many others have turned out the same way.

I suppose it begs the question: Why does a bully become a bully in the first place?

Some people are just bad eggs? Born that way, yadda yadda... Or that sometimes people feel inferior and feel that the only way anyone would ever look at/like/listen to them would be if they were violent or aggressive...

Why do any of us do anything? It's bound to be different things that influence different people into doing things...

Some people are just bad eggs? Born that way, yadda yadda... Or that sometimes people feel inferior and feel that the only way anyone would ever look at/like/listen to them would be if they were violent or aggressive...

Why do any of us do anything? It's bound to be different things that influence different people into doing things...

I'm not sure that anyone likes someone for being violent or aggressive. I certainly don't.

I was bullied Physcially & Sexually, Awful time in School and college, People say just forget but you can't forget, you try to but your "Scard for life" I have no Friends all my friends are on the Net, it also affects Confidence, I have hardly any confidence... I just go to Work & come home to the Net... Being Bullied is one of the worst things to go through, im so glad i'm not at school now, Age 26 and still the same no confidence or a social life!

I was bullied Physcially & Sexually, Awful time in School and college, People say just forget but you can't forget, you try to but your "Scard for life" I have no Friends all my friends are on the Net, it also affects Confidence, I have hardly any confidence... I just go to Work & come home to the Net... Being Bullied is one of the worst things to go through, im so glad i'm not at school now, Age 26 and still the same no confidence or a social life!

They are not your friends! Facebook no doubt.

You are 26 now, school is over. Get yourself out, meet real people.

Do you want to be making cyber friends on the net for the rest of your days??

They are not your friends! Facebook no doubt.

You are 26 now, school is over. Get yourself out, meet real people.

Do you want to be making cyber friends on the net for the rest of your days??

I am on Facebook book but no my friends are all over the world, I just feel safer over the Net! plus im too scared to even meet Real people.

Archived