Bully, or bullied at school? How have you turned out?

The dynamics of scapegoating are well understood but while people find it easy to condemn it when it goes on at a distance, they seem to be blind to it when it happens under their nose, in their own circle, and even more so when they do it themselves.

Interestingly a scapegoating situation has happened to me last year, I just try to not let it bother me and made sure I could fight back in a way that makes it impossible for the people involved to continue doing what they tried to do. I look at it as a problem to overcome, not that I'm being bulllied. It is quite interesting to see how different people react as adults where you generally have the ability to changes things you don't like.

Having said that, had things continued, I would be pretty upset but I would maybe have to accept that I did not have the ability to work alongside people that are so determined to scapegoat and my talents better suited elsewhere (maybe that was their ultimate goal), it's better than being upset :hihi: I'm guessing bullying all comes down to personal confidence or lack of it, there is always going to be people who like to belittle others, you just have to ensure you are strong enough to fight it so they give up. (I'm not saying it is right what some people do, but it happens)

I was bullied at school, now I'm really successfull and most of the bullies are on the dole, living on the Manor with 6 ASBO kids each (the ones who haven't OD'd on drugs that is)

I win.

I was bullied at school by several girls who made my entire 5 years at Secondary school a total misery. I left school at 16 because I had become to hate the school environment. The constant bullying affected my self confidence and self esteem.

I am now a successful professional in a senior position and earning a reasonable wage. I have been married to the same man for 27 years and we are very happy. We have 3 healthy and intelligent children who all contribute to society. I take a lot of comfort in the knowledge that the girls who bullied me drifted into pregnancy at 16, have had several failed marriages and now work in dead end jobs from which they get no satisfaction.

Karma.

Archived