Tory MP too drunk to vote

Guest sibon

From the article, it seems he wasn't the only MP doing some serious drinking that night:

"Mr Reckless was having drinks on the night of the second reading of the Finance Bill, which lasted until 0230 BST on Wednesday.

Commons leader Sir George Young described it as the first "seriously late" sitting of the new parliamentary term.

Hazel Blears told Sky News on Sunday: "On Tuesday night, it was a hot night, and we all knew we were going to be there until two o'clock so I went out for a drink on the terrace.

I was there until about half past 10. Then I thought this is getting a bit lively so I went back in the library and did a bit more correspondence and then I popped out and had a drink somewhere else with my friends."

Ms Blears had one or two in the commons then went out for a drink elsewhere? (Just to do something different :hihi::hihi:)

"Commons leader Sir George Young described it as the first "seriously late" sitting of the new parliamentary term."

Ah-haa! "Working late at the office dear?" Perhaps that explains why other than during PM's question time, the house is usually so empty?

Perhaps the cameras should be in the bars. - Then the people could see what the MPs actually do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/7285463/Labour-MPs-in-champagne-drinking-competition.html

Labour MPs in 'champagne drinking competition'

Two Labour MPs were involved in a champagne drinking contest which got so raucous one needed medical treatment while on official business in Paris, it has emerged

That's old news and the incident took place at a champagne reception.

Mark Reckless however is part of the bright new shiny politics promised to us by the condems who was too drunk, in Parliamentary time, to even vote.

Archived