Broken Beats in Sheffield

iffypop

Never heard of Vex'd....does that mean i'm a clueless halfwit ? Can you enlighten me ?

As for Ali H. He's not a bad man like Danny Mager. He's a good man. He spends his evening picking up discarded bottles and kebab boxes from common grounds all the while tutting about the slip in standards in society. He can also be found on sunday mornings helping Sheffield City Council clear up the puddles of sick left over from the night before as the appearance of the city is something very close to his heart. He helps old ladies across roads and occasionally fellates desperate old men to prevent them sex offending.

Apart from that he's a DON dj. Y'get me.

Brukbear. I was all for continuing to call it brukbeat but the aforementioned good man/dj/stoat thing convinced me over a glass of mead that no one knew what the flibbin be jesus i was on about. :loopy:

Vex'd - on Planet Mu, instrumental grime don. Used to get a lot of airplay through J Da Flex. Dirty as hell, hard, hard (to me) noisy grime Scarystep. But wicked, excellent rhythms, top notch production.

He used to only send stuff 'round on Dub for ages 'n ages, then he's just brought out an album which has been picked up on by all the arty record-shop types, and good for him. Its selling really well.

Welchie - "Brukbeat" always worked for me, I have to say. But maybe i'm just a crazy fool who hasn't been supping enough mead recently.

Can't add much to Iffy's piece about Vex'd there. Everyone should check out the OUR SOUND EP (Vex'd and others on Pitch Black records). It's really all about SEARCH & DESTROY.

NOW THAT IS HEAVY

need those guys up in Sheff sharpish

:clap: Man its so, so hard but so, so good. I put LION (VIP) from the Vex'd album on a mixtape for my friend and I think it scared the life out of him. Bless.

I know this has turned into a dubstep swoonarama thread, but i'm still such an obsessive of Horsepower Productions, have you heard the album 'To The Rescue'? I'm sure you have. Dope beyond belief.

Hmmm, yes, hope we’re not annoying everyone. Have heard the odd Horsepower tune on mixtapes and that, but don’t have the plates in my collection… that must be remedied!

I have been scaring people witless for a while now by playing them Search & Destroy’s “Food Chain”. Crank up that bass and sit on it, bitch! :twisted:

Archived