Tinsley Working Mens Club History

Hi out there

I have just received a picture of my Grandfather Thomas Wood who was in 1923 on the committee of the "Pegwell Bay Rehabillitation Home" sponsored by the Working Mens & Institure Union clubs. I believe he was a member of Tinsley WMC at the time and may also have been on their Committee.

Does anyone know where the records of Tinsley WMC went to or is there anyone out there who knows a lot about it.

He dies in 1958 so it is some time ago and people of his generation are sparse on the ground.

If anyone can give any information that would be great.

Cheers

John

There was a thread about this before but it only got one reply from me.... this was my reply

No I don't remember the club but.... i have recently been helping with a family tree and one thing that someone remembered was that the grandparents of the person I was helping used to "have" (I presume by this they mean stewardship) a club near Ranskill Road at Tinsley Park . They called it the Tinsley Park Club, Their names where Fred and Mary Brookfield. Both were born in the early 1880's and I know that Fred died in the late 40's. The person who remembered them at the club was born in 38 so that gives an idea of the time they were at the club... if it's the right one.

Another idea would be to contact the people who organise the Coleridge Road School reunions as most of them that attend are from the right age group and lived in the Tinsley Park area.

• 2 months later...
Hi out there

I have just received a picture of my Grandfather Thomas Wood who was in 1923 on the committee of the "Pegwell Bay Rehabillitation Home" sponsored by the Working Mens & Institure Union clubs. I believe he was a member of Tinsley WMC at the time and may also have been on their Committee.

Does anyone know where the records of Tinsley WMC went to or is there anyone out there who knows a lot about it.

He dies in 1958 so it is some time ago and people of his generation are sparse on the ground.

If anyone can give any information that would be great.

Cheers

John

Hi,

Just found this film of the Tinsley Club Trip back in 1920. Maybe you'll

find your granfather here.

http://www.yfaonline.com/assetDetails.cfm?film=3663&keyword=&sortby=&theme=5&by=theme&caseValue=theme&start=1&fromSearchValue=fromBrowseBy

If this has already been posted, apologies.

Archived