Is Raoul Moat a modern day anti-hero?

Moats brother seemed to feel the press coverage was grossly intrusive and damaging.

It concerns me that the police allowed the public and press so close to the scene.

Yeah, I'm still a little taken aback. But the feeling is quite natural, what just strikes me as odd is that there opinions are being so widely reported.

I mean, what's the validity in them, or the public interest? Are they meant to hold some semblance of truth?

Is the crescendo of this story about to reveal the police to be the bad ones?

I kinda liked Moat for some reason.

He didnt just go out there and do this stuff for no reason, to him it was perfectly rational and reasonable.

Now compare the actions of this one disturbed man to the actions of many politicians past and present. Sending whole armies of men to war, to blow up 100% innocent people by the thousands. But we salute that sacrifice, like the human life on the other side does not matter.

Murder in a uniform is still murder. Forcing somebody to murder on your behalf is still murder.

Murder is not that big a deal if you think about it in the context of human history as a whole. The actions of one disturbed man such as moat are not that bad. Anyone who believes he was really going to start shooting at the public or out there hunting police down were just crazy too.

He is dead now anyway. The media have loved this story. It will have made them plenty of money, maybe they should contribute some of this profit to the police who spent thousands / millions trying to find this one man, who was clearly under their noses the whole time. Imagine how easy he would have escaped if he did not have such a distinctive face / hair cut. They would not have got him for months.

Yeah, I'm still a little taken aback. But the feeling is quite natural, what just strikes me as odd is that there opinions are being so widely reported.

I mean, what's the validity in them, or the public interest? Are they meant to hold some semblance of truth?

Is the crescendo of this story about to reveal the police to be the bad ones?

I think the intense interest has been in part a product of this case following so closely to Derek Bird's killing spree.

The interest generated was because it was ongoing crime. The guy was at large and could have killed again. He could have been lurking in any town or city in England. Now, thankfully, he is dead. Good riddence to bad rubbish I say!

Moats brother seemed to feel the press coverage was grossly intrusive and damaging.

It concerns me that the police allowed the public and press so close to the scene.

if we were in America the news copter would have been flying over the action ,and we would have seen EVERYTHING ,including the fatal shot which is as it should be , but sadly in this country we see fit to deny the public access to the full unfolding events as they happen .

if we were in America the news copter would have been flying over the action ,and we would have seen EVERYTHING ,including the fatal shot which is as it should be , but sadly in this country we see fit to deny the public access to the full unfolding events as they happen .

Why is it as it should be?

The interest generated was because it was ongoing crime. The guy was at large and could have killed again. He could have been lurking in any town or city in England. Now, thankfully, he is dead. Good riddence to bad rubbish I say!

With all respect Samuelk, you've been watching too much Rambo. He shot two people, and then took another opportunist shot at a stationary policeman. He wasn't a war vet, he had no nobility, he was a wife and kiddie beater who probably had an IQ equivalent to most people's toe nails.

Let's not eulogise him. Many people carry what seem like unbearable burdens, at times. You don't go shooting innocent people as a release. Most people of conscience just shoot themselves.

Archived