Is Raoul Moat a modern day anti-hero?

I think you're predilictionfor perving on violence is a pretty poor reason. It doesn't need to be broadcast live. If you need to see killings to get your end away, stick your doubtless revolting DVD or cable snuff or whatever you need to get your jollies.

Strangely, I find myself agreeing with Halibut.

Live coverage helps no-one in these circumstances, indeed it usually hinders the efforts of the police and others and it is quite gruesome waiting to see if a man might blow his brains out on live TV.

Strangely, I find myself agreeing with Halibut.

Live coverage helps no-one in these circumstances, indeed it usually hinders the efforts of the police and others and it is quite gruesome waiting to see if a man might blow his brains out on live TV.

Careful...the language alone may get him heading for his zipper..:D

Is the crescendo of this story about to reveal the police to be the bad ones?

Why are the police the bad ones? This twisted thug tried to kill a police officer and his ex partner - he did kill a man he didn't know from adam, but who had been seeing his ex (it is a free country, she was entitled to a new start having dated this vile excuse for a human being)...

Moat was just some twisted freak who liked shooting innocent people - now he's dead and he won't be missed by many... Let's just leave it at that - the media always put these nut jobs on a pedestal, for some reason, and have done for years...

if we were in America the news copter would have been flying over the action ,and we would have seen EVERYTHING ,including the fatal shot which is as it should be , but sadly in this country we see fit to deny the public access to the full unfolding events as they happen .

Even though the police ordered a no fly zone around the scene?

There seems to be an unnatural fascination with the man.

Is there something about Raoul we identify with?

Let's watch as the flower tower builds. Maybe it'll grow bigger than Diane's.

no he was a dandgerous and immoral killer nothing in the least heroic about him as no doubt his victims and their families would agree.

I agree that the U.K is more of a police state than ever it was-----and is teeming with various Control Freaks. However........! ........at the other end of the spectrum are the selfish, cowardly, egotistical, bullying cry-babies who can 't control themselves, never mind anyone else. Maybe it 's too late, now, to get rid of either obnoxious group. We can only hope and pray that they 'll die a natural death------and we can perhaps return to a society that has some self-discipline and self-respect. It might be long process, though.I 'm sure the gullible, the simple & the sheer stupid will be putting flowers down in rememberance for useless Yobboes, for a good few years yet !

He was an evil cold blooded killer and he deserved to die.

Evil, possibly. But coldblooded? I think not. When he shot his ex-partner and her killed her boyfriend he was almost certainly in a jealous rage.

Evil, possibly. But coldblooded? I think not. When he shot his ex-partner and her killed her boyfriend he was almost certainly in a jealous rage.

The real autopsy results of both men will show that they were killed with a single shot from a high-powered, German manufactured Mauser, the weapon of choice among former members of the French Foreign Legion. This has got Jonathan Aitken written all over it

Archived