Ten ways to re-use the newpapers

So many of the things we use today can be recycled and re-used.. Here is just some of the ways to re-use old newspapers:

1. As a window cleaner, moisten (don't soak) newspapers slightly and wipe over you car windows, house windows, mirrors, etc. I can tell you personally, this beats any commercial window cleaner! And streak-free! Saves your hands and lungs from those dangerous chemicals.

2. As a moisture and odour absorbent, just roll into a ball and place inside your wet, damp or stinky shoes, This is for rainy season! You can also do this if your storing them for a period of time, helps keep them in shape.

3. For your pets, for placing inside birdcages, or under you cat's litter box or just for them to get warm in or to play with. My cats love to roll in it, especially when they get wet in the rain! You can also place inside the litter box, before you fill it, helps absorb the odours.

4. As door mats for your house or car, again this helps out a lot in the rainy season.

5. In the kitchen, use to place you hot pots and pans on until they cool off.

6. Inside your trash can, place on the bottom of your trash can before you place the plastic bag, absorbs odours and mess in case of leaks.

7. In your driveway or garage floor, helps to soak up those little oil spots from your concrete floor.

8. As a wrapping, for your fragile (glass, ceramic, etc) items, if your storing them or when you're moving. Even items that are not necessarily breakable, like wood furniture, etc, if you're moving, you can use it to keep the edges from get scratched or damaged.

9. As a fire starter, when you're barbecuing or just lighting charcoal or wood for incense burning; tear into little strips to use get the fire going. Again, avoiding the use of dangerous chemicals.

Number was deleted by the user who has published this article after it has caused some controversy to the users.

These are only some of the many ideas, they are so many others, like arts and crafts for kids, etc.

And don't forget, if you live in an area that recycles newspapers (or any other item), please recycle them, Do your part to make this planet a better place for your children and future generations.

can vouch for number 1, i worked in a large hair salon and all the windows and mirror's were cleaned with newspaper however they wern't moistend with water,we used to use white (clear) vinegar diluted with a bit of water in a spray bottle.

as for number 10 i know you said don't laught but i couldn't help it :D

So many of the things we use today can be recycled and re-used.. Here is just some of the ways to re-use old newspapers:

1. As a window cleaner, moisten (don't soak) newspapers slightly and wipe over you car windows, house windows, mirrors, etc. I can tell you personally, this beats any commercial window cleaner! And streak-free! Saves your hands and lungs from those dangerous chemicals.

2. As a moisture and odour absorbent, just roll into a ball and place inside your wet, damp or stinky shoes, This is for rainy season! You can also do this if your storing them for a period of time, helps keep them in shape.

3. For your pets, for placing inside birdcages, or under you cat's litter box or just for them to get warm in or to play with. My cats love to roll in it, especially when they get wet in the rain! You can also place inside the litter box, before you fill it, helps absorb the odours.

4. As door mats for your house or car, again this helps out a lot in the rainy season.

5. In the kitchen, use to place you hot pots and pans on until they cool off.

6. Inside your trash can, place on the bottom of your trash can before you place the plastic bag, absorbs odours and mess in case of leaks.

7. In your driveway or garage floor, helps to soak up those little oil spots from your concrete floor.

8. As a wrapping, for your fragile (glass, ceramic, etc) items, if your storing them or when you're moving. Even items that are not necessarily breakable, like wood furniture, etc, if you're moving, you can use it to keep the edges from get scratched or damaged.

9. As a fire starter, when you're barbecuing or just lighting charcoal or wood for incense burning; tear into little strips to use get the fire going. Again, avoiding the use of dangerous chemicals.

10. As toilet paper (don't laugh!). If push comes to shove (no pun intended), you may end up having to use it! Just moisten (don't soak) before using.

These are only some of the many ideas, they are so many others, like arts and crafts for kids, etc.

And don't forget, if you live in an area that recycles newspapers (or any other item), please recycle them, Do your part to make this planet a better place for your children and future generations.

In that order?

Only kidding, thanks for the tips Abu, I'll be trying the window one.

I recycle my paper (Daily Telegraph). Save it for a week then get a red magic marker and write 'The Sun' on it. Draw a couple of boobies on page 3 and do all the fiddly bits of the easy crossword puzzle (ensuring the cryptic has been completely obliterated) .....Hey presto!!!! ...... Latest edition of The Sun with all the latest news to give to your friends! :hihi:

Archived