Ten ways to re-use the newpapers

What about the mercury level in the fish? - Or the pesticides in the potatoes?;)

If you wipe your bum with a newspaper could that poison you?

Arsenic poisoning?

Agreed! ... newspapers certainly have carsenogens in them! (sp)

If you wipe your bum with the French version of 'Angling Times' do you get poissoned ?! :clap:

No offence to anyone here, it seems that a sentence that was included in the article has been taken out of context. The purpose of this article was to give an insight to users about the possible ways by which an old newspaper can be re-used. Nothing more or less. Maybe I will have to be extra cautious about the language I use in future articles hence some people find it amusing.

can't we just put newspapers in the blue bin - then someone else recycles them for us?

To use them in number 10, you have to hammer a 6inch nail into your loo wall then thread squares of paper with string and hang them up.

In the good old days of the outside loo down the yard my dad had hammered the nail into the toilet door at adult height. It was a risky business for us kids in an emergency having to remember to jump up to reach the paper before sitting on the loo as we certainly couldn't reach it from a sitting position. Also in those days the print didn't come off onto your bottom as it does nowadays.

Archived