Over protective, over cautious parents or just real?

How do you know?

Because if it were true it'd be big news by now.

A hooded man with a gun seen near a scholl would have attracted a massive police response.

Was the person who told you someone you know? Perhaps they're aware of your tendency to believe rumours, and thought it'd be a laugh to get you wound up?

A hooded man with a gun seen near a scholl would have attracted a massive police response.

Was the person who told you someone you know? Perhaps they're aware of your tendency to believe rumours, and thought it'd be a laugh to get you wound up?

Maybe we would have spotted this "armed man near a school" had we had the foresight to have been on the same road as those "Turkish-looking-blokes-in-a-van"!

In fact, *muses, and ponders awhile....* was the "armed chap near a school" a bit "Turkish-looking"?

:suspect:

Run! Run for the hills!!!!!

Umm, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the media have chosen not to report it?? for the love of god, you tell me one thing and then argue the other!!!

Of course I knew the person who told me, I dont wonder the streets asking random people to tell me tales that will alarm me.... I just dont know the person who told her thats all...this is how rumours begin I know, iv come to the conclusion that although its is apparantly wrong to enquire, it is completly right to discount it without knowing yourself.

If you think Sheffield is gun and knife free, you seriously need to stop painting your eye lids on, ands try opening them.

Plain talker your comments are Plain boring and I dont know why your fantasy with Turkish men in vans keeps cropping up in conversations with me cos I have never had any dealings with any Turkish men in vans..

Umm, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the media have chosen not to report it?? for the love of god, you tell me one thing and then argue the other!!!

Of course I knew the person who told me, I dont wonder the streets asking random people to tell me tales that will alarm me.... I just dont know the person who told her thats all...this is how rumours begin I know, iv come to the conclusion that although its is apparantly wrong to enquire, it is completly right to discount it without knowing yourself.

If you think Sheffield is gun and knife free, you seriously need to stop painting your eye lids on, ands try opening them.

Plain talker your comments are Plain boring and I dont know why your fantasy with Turkish men in vans keeps cropping up in conversations with me cos I have never had any dealings with any Turkish men in vans..

*smiles brightly* correctimundo. Agreed, 100%. Just like you've also never had dealings with an armed man near a Sheffield school, either.

do you really expect us to believe that the Sheffield Star would not pounce immediately on a story like that? "Armed man near school"? do what? they'd be wetting themselves with excitement at the opportunity to publish a story as "meaty" as that one!!!

*smiles brightly* correctimundo. Agreed, 100%. Just like you've also never had dealings with an armed man near a Sheffield school, either.

do you really expect us to believe that the Sheffield Star would not pounce immediately on a story like that? "Armed man near school"? do what? they'd be wetting themselves with excitement at the opportunity to publish a story as "meaty" as that one!!!

It must be cosey warm under that woolen coat of yours.

How am I meant to know what Sheffield Star will and wont report, its the replies to this thread that are blaming the media, I just enquired.:huh:

I hadnt had any dealings with any of the incidents on that thread apart from my own, but iv witnessed something posted by the child at ****** mother and I have no reason to dis believe her, I felt her comments very very personally and understood her discust and upset, a mother isnt this way if nothing has happened. Just because you havent seen it with your own eyes your hell bent its not true and everyone else who its affected are in the wrong and over protective bla bla blas.

Anyway im off to bed, I cant be bothered to go over this again and again with you PT, please re read your posts of recent, not only are you repeating yourself, but your actually writing the same things as others have, following the herd isnt that cool.:roll:

It must be cosey warm under that woolen coat of yours.

How am I meant to know what Sheffield Star will and wont report, its the replies to this thread that are blaming the media, I just enquired.:huh:

I hadnt had any dealings with any of the incidents on that thread apart from my own, but iv witnessed something posted by the child at ****** mother and I have no reason to dis believe her, I felt her comments very very personally and understood her discust and upset, a mother isnt this way if nothing has happened. Just because you havent seen it with your own eyes your hell bent its not true and everyone else who its affected are in the wrong and over protective bla bla blas.

Anyway im off to bed, I cant be bothered to go over this again and again with you PT, please re read your posts of recent, not only are you repeating yourself, but your actually writing the same things as others have, following the herd isnt that cool.:roll:

you really make me laugh, you know. Did you write comedy in a previous life, or something?

Well, I think you can be pretty certain that if someone had been armed, hanging about near a Sheffield school, hell nor high water would have stopped the Star from licking its lips and printing a story like that! Anyone with a ha'p'orth of brain will be more than aware of that as a concept.

We'd have never heard the last of an incident like that, with all the wannabe- Helen Lovejoys all a-weeping, and a-wailing, and a-wringing their hands crying "Oh! Won't somebody think of the children!"

Your third paragraph is unintelligible, incidentally. What have you discussed with anyone? And why do I have to understand if you have discussed anything with anyone?

I can discuss the idea that the moon's made out of green cheese, if I so wish, but discussing it does not make it any the truer.

Spreading rumours, that there's armed males, hanging round a Sheffield school or schools would be guaranteed to start a stampede akin to shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre. (same as telling folk that there's Turkish-looking men in a van, hanging about waiting to pounce)

I guess the conclusion should be, "keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out".

It's generally pretty easy to figure out whether a rumour has any basis in fact, exercise a degree of common sense and cynicism and you won't be taken in by too many tall stories.

Archived