LibDem Councillor says party faces being wiped out by Labour

so if labour are not the answer for Sheffield who is? Certainly not the tories, whether they are in their well known blue form or thier recently adopted yellow form. If you cant relate to any politician who do you want running the city?

maybe sheffield needs its own political party. just for sheffield. a party that will make sure we get the best possible deal for our city and not the best possible deal for a national political party as a whole.

maybe sheffield needs its own political party. just for sheffield. a party that will make sure we get the best possible deal for our city and not the best possible deal for a national political party as a whole.

It's a party that could never get into power. And it's also a very short sighted and selfish view to take.

it is the banks and financial sector that should be paying to get us out of it.

The banks are paying for it.

With my interest on savings (I am no longer entitled to interest on my account. OK, so there's never anything in for me to earn interest on, but this is hardly going to attract savers).

It's a party that could never get into power. And it's also a very short sighted and selfish view to take.

it could easily get into power if enough people voted for it... durrr

but that is unlikely to happen with the sheep of sheffield voting for labour no matter what. tony blair could have shagged their grand mother and gordon brown eaten their grandad dad and people would still vote labour here.

Likewise. - But Brown deserved to win.

because he had the most votes overall? or because he changed the boundaries to the countries constituencies to make less votes required for labour to have a majority? or because he had the most seats in parliment?

how exactly did that gormy oath of a short sighted man deserve to win the election? the fact is the mess the country is in is because of him.

how exactly did that gormy oath of a short sighted man deserve to win the election?

Read the quoted part;).

I've always thought that winning the 2010 election was a poisoned chalice for whoever emerged as the victor (that's why I wanted Gordon Brown to win).

Likewise. - But Brown deserved to win.

The country doesn't just have one set of bonds on the market that all mature at the same time.

There are bonds with due dates between next week and several decades hence.

If you cut spending and start to pay down the debt you don't need to refinance the bonds that come due next week (which you would have to refinance at a higher interest rate because of the market right now) and so by paying down part of the debt you reduce your future interest payments.

So in most respects it is very much like a personal loan, despite that the mechanism for sourcing the loan is very different.

it could easily get into power if enough people voted for it... durrr

but that is unlikely to happen with the sheep of sheffield voting for labour no matter what. tony blair could have shagged their grand mother and gordon brown eaten their grandad dad and people would still vote labour here.

Even if everyone in Sheffield voted for it, you'd get exactly as many MPs as there are constituencies in Sheffield. I haven't counted, but I confidently predict that that is insufficient to win the election and have a commons majority.

Even if everyone in Sheffield voted for it, you'd get exactly as many MPs as there are constituencies in Sheffield. I haven't counted, but I confidently predict that that is insufficient to win the election and have a commons majority.

i was on about local elections... and of course they could win some MPs but not enough MPs to run the country. why would you think that a political party based around sheffield, for the people of sheffield, would be designed to rule the country.

god sake

Archived