LibDem Councillor says party faces being wiped out by Labour

You'd better explain that post because I don't understand it, how it relates to my earlier post, or to the point of the thread.

Maybe I didn't understand your point or its relationship with this thread. :huh:

You seem to think the Liberal party stands for a small state. I admit I am going back in time but clearly Asquith's People's budget was nothing of the sort. Keynesianism dominated the political thinking of all the main parties Tory, LibDem and Labour until Thatcherism. Anti-Thatcherite Traditional Tories still look back to policies where the state plays a significant role.... as do LibDems and Labour. Put "Traditional" in front of any of the parties and you will find people that see a significant role for the state and for good reason.... paying private companies to do the work for the state removes democratic accountability and it filters taxation in to the profits of shareholders requiring higher levels of taxation to achieve the same ends.

Says who ?

Says every analyst that has commented.

And as is blindingly obvious when we have just had Clegg endorsing a budget that has those least able to pay proportionately paying six times more than those most able to pay.

Maybe I didn't understand your point or its relationship with this thread. :huh:

You seem to think the Liberal party stands for a small state. I admit I am going back in time but clearly Asquith's People's budget was nothing of the sort. Keynesianism dominated the political thinking of all the main parties Tory, LibDem and Labour until Thatcherism. Anti-Thatcherite Traditional Tories still look back to policies where the state plays a significant role.... as do LibDems and Labour. Put "Traditional" in front of any of the parties and you will find people that see a significant role for the state and for good reason.... paying private companies to do the work for the state removes democratic accountability and it filters taxation in to the profits of shareholders requiring higher levels of taxation to achieve the same ends.

I said liberals.

Says every analyst that has commented.

And as is blindingly obvious when we have just had Clegg endorsing a budget that has those least able to pay proportionately paying six times more than those most able to pay.

Be more precise because it isn't blindingly obvious at all.

That is why I mentioned Asquith...:rolleyes:

I still said liberals. I'm quite capable of capitalising where appropriate.

Rightwing = screw the poor.

Last budget = screwing the poor.

Therefore Nick Clegg and LibDem MPs defence of rightwing budget (pathetic though it was) makes them Rightwing.

Comprende?

D'yknow how mad that sounds in 2010? There never was a class war and most people have moved on from thinking that there is one.

I still said liberals. I'm quite capable of capitalising where appropriate.

D'yknow how mad that sounds in 2010? There never was a class war and most people have moved on from thinking that there is one.

Err yeah... so mad both LibDems and Tories were campaigning against Wealth inequality before the election...:rolleyes:

http://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-support-the-equality-pledge-18694.html

Archived