Loud car & bike exhausts - should the police take more action?

Can you report these loud car exhausts? Near me is some chav with a crappy car with one of these exhausts that make it sound like a tank. Without fail 5.30 each morning it wakes me up and sets car alarms off.

Why do people put these on their cars and isn't it noise pollution?

I'm sure if get the reg and report it something may happen.In the old days :) there was a story about a motorbike who got a ticket for taking the baffles out of his exhaust and his horn didn't work so he got another for no audible warning of approach :hihi:

Can you report these loud car exhausts? Near me is some chav with a crappy car with one of these exhausts that make it sound like a tank. Without fail 5.30 each morning it wakes me up and sets car alarms off.

Why do people put these on their cars and isn't it noise pollution?

Go round in the dark of night and push a potato up his exhaust (tightly)!

Great fun!

(don't tell anyone I told you!) :suspect::hihi:

I don't think the regs are very strict. I have a straight through stainless that is admittedly loud, louder than I wanted (the guy at powerflow neglected to tell me it wasn't baffled when I raised my concerns about the noise level :roll:).

It goes through the MOT no problems even so.

I don't drive it at 5:30am though (only weekend afternoons) so it's not me making the noise!

I find motorbikes the noisiest tbh.

I don't think the regs are very strict. I have a straight through stainless that is admittedly loud, louder than I wanted (the guy at powerflow neglected to tell me it wasn't baffled when I raised my concerns about the noise level :roll:).

It goes through the MOT no problems even so.

I don't drive it at 5:30am though (only weekend afternoons) so it's not me making the noise!

I find motorbikes the noisiest tbh.

Aye that's what it sounds like a motorbike. Thing that gets is what's the point? Does it impress the ladies? Is it to make up for a lack of balls? Lights and tinted windows etc I can understand, but the fact a crappy car makes a noise I don't

They are very useful as they point out to the police which cars are driven by morons and need to be pulled over for checks. They then have an excuse to check for everything like, blacked out windows, insurance, drugs, knives, and vehicle roadworthyness.

How else are the police going to spot these folks?

PS. Rule of thumb says. Biggest exhaust smallest engine. Most noise least power. Biggest mouth smallest...

I have to say the exhaust on my car is quite loud @ 105Db, but it is the standard exhaust as fitted at the factory.

I do try to be considerate to my neighbours and not drive it before 7:30AM though.

I'm also very careful when passing horses and (most) cyclists to keep the revs / noise down.

Archived