Loud car & bike exhausts - should the police take more action?

I always like the joke from Fools & Horses when Uncle Albert is complaining about the noise / some racket......whereby Del draws him in by asking if he was part of the war effort.....and then Del continues to tell him that he made more racket than anyone is doing now days then!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

[i agree we should get these noisy buggers off the roads!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:
The difference must be that the police drivers actually know how to handle the vehicles, as opposed to the chavs who normally drive them ... :D

:rant: As for bikes, the louder the the bike has been modded to be, the bigger the moron sitting on it, an idiot, who cares nothing for the safety of other road users and wouldn't recognise a speed limit if it jumped off the pole and slapped him in the face. /:rant:

The difference must be that the police drivers actually know how to handle the vehicles, as opposed to the chavs who normally drive them ... :D

:rant: As for bikes, the louder the the bike has been modded to be, the bigger the moron sitting on it, an idiot, who cares nothing for the safety of other road users and wouldn't recognise a speed limit if it jumped off the pole and slapped him in the face. /:rant:

It is interesting to note that Valentino Rossi always insists that his Grand Prix bikes are fitted with a silencer.

http://www.helmethairblog.com/photos/rossi_yamaha_exhaust.jpg

Even on a full out racing bike it doesn't compromise performance and helps Rossi concentrate on his riding. As one of the most successful motorcycle racers of all time, with 9 Grand Prix World Championships to his name he probably knows more about these things than your average boy racer.

Noise, my lovely, we're talking about earsplitting exhausts ... not RTCs.
ORLY?

So, with reference to your post (which I quoted), were you talking about "police drivers actually knowing how to handle the vehicles' exhausts", and not the vehicles themselves? :rolleyes:

Do try to keep up! :D
Indeed :P

So, with reference to your post (which I quoted), were you talking about "police drivers actually knowing how to handle the vehicles' exhausts", and not the vehicles themselves? :rolleyes:
There's a way of driving that leads to excessive engine and exhaust noise, known as 'thrashing' and done by morons who want to annoy others. Lots of revving, screeching of tyres and so forth. And a calm, peaceful and economical way, usually employed by police drivers, and other normal people. And police vehicles aren't normally modded either, so even a subaru is reasonably quiet.

But I don't want to appear to be 'bickering' so I'll stop now :)

Archived