Loud car & bike exhausts - should the police take more action?

They are very useful as they point out to the police which cars are driven by morons and need to be pulled over for checks. They then have an excuse to check for everything like, blacked out windows, insurance, drugs, knives, and vehicle roadworthyness.

How else are the police going to spot these folks?

PS. Rule of thumb says. Biggest exhaust smallest engine. Most noise least power. Biggest mouth smallest...

Also , drivers of these cars have been are thrilled to learn that now ,when they buy the said stupid loud exhaust , it comes with a free shell suit and burberry baseball cap to complete the image.

Ready made chav ............. all for the price of an exhaust.:)

They are very useful as they point out to the police which cars are driven by morons and need to be pulled over for checks. They then have an excuse to check for everything like, blacked out windows, insurance, drugs, knives, and vehicle roadworthyness.

How else are the police going to spot these folks?

PS. Rule of thumb says. Biggest exhaust smallest engine. Most noise least power. Biggest mouth smallest...

Nothing like generalising eh :rolleyes:

Can you report these loud car exhausts? Near me is some chav with a crappy car with one of these exhausts that make it sound like a tank. Without fail 5.30 each morning it wakes me up and sets car alarms off.

Why do people put these on their cars and isn't it noise pollution?

I hope so, it always seems to be the rubbish £150 cars, well they have to make up for the pathetic visual appearance of their cars some how :loopy:

I wonder if the chavs doing this were to have to ride a bicycle, would they ride along screaming to get attention

Have you tried having a word with it, to see if it could be a bit quieter somehow

I don't understand why you'd want to pay good money for something that makes your car annoying to everyone else, louder for you to be in, more expensive to insure and unsuitable for use at certain times of day.

For attention, because the car looks rubbish they have to make them sound like Ferrari's

I bet this passing sounds like a plane crash

Hey. If the Burberry chav cap fits you'd better wear it. :)

Let's see.....no-one I know wears Burberry nor is a chav including myself. I drive a 1.3L car that I pay £125 a year for road tax....and yet it's insurance group 20.

Let's see if you can figure out what I drive. I'll give you another clue, it cost over £35k if I'd have bought it new 16 years ago ;)

Incidentally everyone I know with very loud exhausts have them for a reason, namely performance.

Let's see if you can figure out what I drive. I'll give you another clue, it cost over £35k if I'd have bought it new 16 years ago

Can anyone join in with this, if so

Can you narrow it down a bit with a few more clues

I'm going to take a guess and say it's a BMW

I don't understand why you'd want to pay good money for something that makes your car annoying to everyone else, louder for you to be in, more expensive to insure and unsuitable for use at certain times of day.

in part to get an extra few horses out of the car - it was put on in conjuction with K&N induction kit. plus it looked good and my original non standard stainless steel exhaust which came with the car broke so was replacing it anyway so didnt actually affect the insurance one bit. not that that actually has anything to do with my post at all or this thread - and for the record i'm not the one driving loud cars annoying people at silly hours of the day. i was infact supporting the idea that the person in question should be reported for disturbance, but yes jump on me if it makes you feel better :rolleyes:

Also , drivers of these cars have been are thrilled to learn that now ,when they buy the said stupid loud exhaust , it comes with a free shell suit and burberry baseball cap to complete the image.

Ready made chav ............. all for the price of an exhaust.:)

not all modified cars are chav mobiles and not all exhausts are put on to get attention. its true there are a lot of chavs like this but try not to tar everyone with the same brush, i'm sure you wouldnt like me to presume you to be an idiot from your small minded posts now would you?

in part to get an extra few horses out of the car - it was put on in conjuction with K&N induction kit. plus it looked good and my original non standard stainless steel exhaust which came with the car broke so was replacing it anyway so didnt actually affect the insurance one bit. not that that actually has anything to do with my post at all or this thread - and for the record i'm not the one driving loud cars annoying people at silly hours of the day. i was infact supporting the idea that the person in question should be reported for disturbance, but yes jump on me if it makes you feel better :rolleyes:

That wasn't "you" as in you personally, but as in "one" - I don't understand why one would fit such an exhaust. Don't be so touchy!

Archived