Loud car & bike exhausts - should the police take more action?

not all modified cars are chav mobiles and not all exhausts are put on to get attention. its true there are a lot of chavs like this but try not to tar everyone with the same brush, i'm sure you wouldnt like me to presume you to be an idiot from your small minded posts now would you?

I think they are and it's all for attention, why else would it be so loud, or is it to annoy people

I don't think his post was small minded at all

That wasn't "you" as in you personally, but as in "one" - I don't understand why one would fit such an exhaust. Don't be so touchy!

It's either for attention, to annoy people or so people don't see the banger they are driving because they are ducking for cover

That wasn't "you" as in you personally, but as in "one" - I don't understand why one would fit such an exhaust. Don't be so touchy!

well you said "you'd" and quoted me, so obviously this suggested you were directing your comments at me..

not being touchy at all, i actually couldnt care less what you think of me since i dont know you and dont even have the car anymore. just trying to get accross that people should not be so closed minded. you asked questions and i answered them :)

I think they are and it's all for attention, why else would it be so loud, or is it to annoy people

I don't think his post was small minded at all

bigger pipe and more air going through it?

can a bit of extra pipe on the exhaust really improve the performance of a car?

Even if they can its still anti social, cos leaving my road which is a 30mph limit and most roads in Sheffield are, why do you need it? Its just vanity surely? And on a motorway most these cars couldn't get out of the first lane.

bigger pipe and more air going through it?

And how does this make it faster when I have a bigger engine on my lawn mower

You are going to have to explain this because I have always let professional trades people take care of my cars

When the idiots doing this ride bicycles do they scream as they are going along

can a bit of extra pipe on the exhaust really improve the performance of a car?

Even if they can its still anti social, cos leaving my road which is a 30mph limit and most roads in Sheffield are, why do you need it? Its just vanity surely? And on a motorway most these cars couldn't get out of the first lane.

Probably not but that doesn't stop pipe makers telling these idiots it does to boost sales :hihi:

it's all vanity, my banger is louder than yours

I don't think 1% of these cars would survive a long distance motorway journey, they would either cause an accident or be at the side of the road with smoke coming out of them

Let's see.....no-one I know wears Burberry nor is a chav including myself. I drive a 1.3L car that I pay £125 a year for road tax....and yet it's insurance group 20.

Let's see if you can figure out what I drive. I'll give you another clue, it cost over £35k if I'd have bought it new 16 years ago ;)

Incidentally everyone I know with very loud exhausts have them for a reason, namely performance.

Lets see ...... maybe two Citroen 2CV's bolted together or a Ford Fiesta with solid gold and diamond encrusted dice?

Pray tell ... all these people you know with very loud exhausts to improve performance .... what cars do they drive? I'm sort of expecting Bugatti, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg etc here. Please don't disappoint ! :hihi:

Lets see ...... maybe two Citroen 2CV's bolted together or a Ford Fiesta with solid gold and diamond encrusted dice?

Pray tell ... all these people you know with very loud exhausts to improve performance .... what cars do they drive? I'm sort of expecting Bugatti, Lamborghini, Koenigsegg etc here. Please don't disappoint ! :hihi:

I don't think any of those cars would need loud exhausts to go faster so it's probably something like a Robin Reliant

Archived