WOW Balls. Are they a risk to the public health.

At the weekend I went to a fun day at the canal basin in Sheffield. It was a fantastic day out with bands playing and loads of activities for the kids. I was particularly fascinated by the WOW Balls.

http://www.wowballs.co.za/

These large inflatable spheres were floating around on a dock area of the canal filled with kids having a great time. After 5 minutes the ball was dragged back to shore and the next child sealed in. I thoughtit looked wonderful until some wag said they are OK until someone passes wind.

It just got me thinking about the Swine Flu scare adverts a few months ago, and how these things could spread a pandemic very quickly and folk rolled around on the plastic interior.

Do they pose a health threat? I note that some papers were again warning the Swine Flu is again gaining ground.

I think you worry too much. Wouldn't mind betting you use room deodorisers.

What would happen if around twenty drunken men all got into one of these balls at the same time after eating a currie? If they all flatulated simultaneously could not the ball become over expanded and burst? Furthermore if someone was smoking in the area it could present a fire hazard.

Wow. I'm never going anywhere another human has been again, just in case.

I'm with you.

Who knows what will happen if I dare ever leave the safety of my home again!

Oh wait, I have knives...

Swine flu is so last year. If you really want to scare yoursef needlessly try ebola for size.

I think you will find that Swine Flu is very much "this year" and is making a comback. But let's not let your lack of knowledge stop you posting, after all it never has in the past.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health1/330-swine-flu-cases-across-india-in-past-week_100395397.html

New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) The swine flu situation continues to be serious in the four southern states and Maharashtra, which have reported 319 of the 330 H1N1 infections in the last one week, while a boy died of the virus in New Delhi.

Swine flu has claimed 17 lives across the country since July 5 and Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu continue to be the worst affected states, according to official figures

I think you will find that Swine Flu is very much "this year" and is making a comback. But let's not let your lack of knowledge stop you posting, after all it never has in the past.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health1/330-swine-flu-cases-across-india-in-past-week_100395397.html

New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) The swine flu situation continues to be serious in the four southern states and Maharashtra, which have reported 319 of the 330 H1N1 infections in the last one week, while a boy died of the virus in New Delhi.

Swine flu has claimed 17 lives across the country since July 5 and Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu continue to be the worst affected states, according to official figures

I don't think WOW Balls are so good that people are flying in from India just to have a go.

I don't think WOW Balls are so good that people are flying in from India just to have a go.

Do they not have such things in India then?

Then again how long did it take Swine Flu to get to the UK from the far east last year?

When Swine Flu first appeared and WHO and CDC started talking about it, it was noted that the H1N1 Pandemic of 1918 came in 3 'waves' between Mar 1918 and Jun 1920, each slightly different to the preceding episode.

When Swine Flu first appeared and WHO and CDC started talking about it, it was noted that the H1N1 Pandemic of 1918 came in 3 'waves' between Mar 1918 and Jun 1920, each slightly different to the preceding episode.

and that was without WOW balls to spread it!

Archived