Small pleasures

Mine was noticing the first of my dwarf beans sprouting in the garden. Every day that garden gives me another small pleasure or two, and even some fairly large ones on some days.

Watching the ants nest in my garden on a warm day. Its a small pleasure that I never tire of, theyre fascinating little buggers.

Hiya Jabbers, At least once a year there's a walk I do with my dog. Part of it crosses the moors that roughly follow the Dore tunnel to Grindleford and beyond. There is a 200 yard section that I call Ant Metropolis. Some years I count as many as 30 or 40 giant ant hills right next to the path. To call them hives of industry would be a massive understatement. The whole ground around them is alive with movement and activity. They are the Borg of the insect kingdom in a way...all allied to the one cause...unified minds living only to fulfill the collective.

Fascinating little buggers indeed. :)

Hiya Jabbers, At least once a year there's a walk I do with my dog. Part of it crosses the moors that roughly follow the Dore tunnel to Grindleford and beyond. There is a 200 yard section that I call Ant Metropolis. Some years I count as many as 30 or 40 giant ant hills right next to the path. To call them hives of industry would be a massive understatement. The whole ground around them is alive with movement and activity. They are the Borg of the insect kingdom in a way...all allied to the one cause...unified minds living only to fulfill the collective.

Fascinating little buggers indeed. :)

I think i've done that walk - is it out by Padley Gorge? I didn't realise they were there until I felt about 3 climbing up my leg!

Watching my 5 year old brother see and do new things, watching his face when he see's his first Alpaca and thinking its a hairy giraffee, very sweet.

Mine was noticing the first of my dwarf beans sprouting in the garden. Every day that garden gives me another small pleasure or two, and even some fairly large ones on some days.

My first corgettes and cucumbers have turned up over night too :D

Archived