Anywhere left that is cheap for holidays any more.

I wish :hihi:

The main part of that was the flight - the hotel was under a tenner :D

I was at the same hotel at the beginning of may - enjoyed it so much I have booked the same place for october....

Just as I thought....expensive.:roll:

I came back from Greece last week and noticed how much prices had increased in the last 2 years. Although it was a different island to where we usually go beer was at least 50% dearer at least in most bars. Meals weren't too bad a 2 course meal (Bread, Greek salad, Mixed Grill) for 2 was 17€ at one place. Went to Bodrum for a day trip and the prices there were on a par with Greece.

Dont know where you looked, but I have booked a holiday in Marmaris in october for £225...

If I could have gone this week it would have been well under £200...

That sounds good but it's the prices of things in general that are way too high.

A medium packet of cornflakes £4 one small bread roll 75p a bottle of water £1.50. and the drinks in the bars are outrageous.

It's a shame that their greed is going to affect tourism.

I really meant the prices charged for goods and services when you get abroad. I am thinking about going all inclusive because of the stories that I have heard. £8 for a gin....sheesh!

Then you need to shop around.

In general, I've found that the nearer you are to Treasure Island, the higher the prices. If you night stop near the channel coast expect to pay rather more for your hotel than if you stay further inland. If you go to a well-known 'tourist-trap' area, local prices can be considerably higher than just a few miles away. - For instance prices in the village in which I live (and in most of the surrounding villages) are at least 30-40% lower than they are in the well-known tourist town 10 miles down the road.

We just got back from bulgaria and it`s so cheap there. A meal for 2 was about £5. A pint of beer was 70p. Spirits were about 40p for a very large measure. I actually came back with money. Also clothes are really good value for money as is leather goods. We`re going back next year while it`s still not a euro there.

Archived