I think our robin could be a bigamist.

A few weeks ago we attracted a tame robin. It would follow me around in the garden begging for tipbits. It quite obviously had a nest as it would fly off at regular intervals to a nearby bush. Every now and then it would brig its mate down for a feed as well.

Then last week I noticed it had started to fly to a different bush at the opposite end of the garden. But still it took turns in flying to the original nest. We now have 3 robins which come begging for food. 2 females and a male. The male is servicing the 2 nests and must be half dead from the effort.

Does anyone else have a bigamist bird?

This is normal male behaviour and for humans it's the reason why we invented mistresses, we want to keep our wives because they're our favourite but variety as they say is the spice of life.:hihi:

This is normal male behaviour and for humans it's the reason why we invented mistresses, we want to keep our wives because they're our favourite but variety as they say is the spice of life.:hihi:

Aww, come on. I have been married for many years now and I can honestly say that I can count the number of mistresses that I have had on one abacus.:cool:

robin nested in our garden and laid 2 eggs then she disappered and the eggs are still there home alone.

Typical, a father runs off without paying maintenance and has the CSA (or RSPCA) on his back.

Absent mother runs off, leaving the kids, and gets away with it :roll:

Archived