Benefit Fraud-Govt to check your personal details to find cheats

Now then, L00b, I've seen enough of your posts to know that your definition of "facetious" isn't the one suggested here.
Ah well, that's a definition you suggested, under different circumstances. I go by the standard one :D

Thx for the indirect compliment, and I did of course correct my post. As I would have told a fellow French person in similar circumstances, "le lapsus m'habite" (not really or easily translatable ...and certainly not explainable on a family Forum :hihi:)

After my own experiences with the DWP I wish all benefit fraudsters the best of luck. I was honest with the details of my claim, have cancer and arthritis and was disallowed benefit. I was 'not ill enough'. All I was offered was means tested Pension Credits, in other words "live on your own money, not ours ". After paying NI contributions for 46 years it changed my views on the welfare system. At the same time, MP's were/are fiddling thousands of pounds in expenses and the professional tax avoiders and their accountants are stealing 'real' money. My faith in our system was destroyed and I dont feel confident in the state protecting me when I am ill.

Good luck to the fraudsters, If I was a better liar I would have probably got the benefits I was claiming.:rant:

.... something about rabbit hutches?
No quite. Erm. I'll rearrange the letters some, as it's a phonetical play on words (well-known to francophiles): le lap sus mha bite. So you go from "the lapsus is in me" (approximate translation of the original, grammatically correct expression) to, err,...something else entirely :blush: It's quite puerile, actually, so don't waste your time.

Now then, after this brief cultural interlude...

Nimrod, sorry to hear about your experience. As a point of interest, was yours a recent experience? As I vaguely recall a thread, not so long back, about an recent Gvt initiative 'on the quiet' to kick people off benefits, along the lines you recount.

I was disallowed benefits in August last year despite being signed as unfit by my GP until December when I returned to work part time. I am still only fit for part time work, a full working day is just too much. I lived from August 'till December without benefits or wages. British justice eh ???

After my own experiences with the DWP I wish all benefit fraudsters the best of luck. I was honest with the details of my claim, have cancer and arthritis and was disallowed benefit. I was 'not ill enough'. All I was offered was means tested Pension Credits, in other words "live on your own money, not ours ". After paying NI contributions for 46 years it changed my views on the welfare system. At the same time, MP's were/are fiddling thousands of pounds in expenses and the professional tax avoiders and their accountants are stealing 'real' money. My faith in our system was destroyed and I dont feel confident in the state protecting me when I am ill.

Good luck to the fraudsters, If I was a better liar I would have probably got the benefits I was claiming.:rant:

Nimrod, I was just wondering, and don't feel you have to answer this ona public thread, but if you have a terminal illness there are seperate rules that sometimes apply, as I learned when helping my father. If the experience you mention is a recent one I would advise you go to the CAB and explain your situation and they will be able to help you out.

eta if you are over 65 you have to apply for attendence allowance not DLA

Okay so let me get this straight...... People are actually in support of the govt being able to monitor what we purchase now??? Is that the jist of this thread? If thats is genuinly the case than I am totally shocked and saddened by this:( Im also a little angry at peoples eagerness to allow themselves to be monitored, regulated and controlled. 'Power' seems to be continually centralised and moved away from the masses to the minority and the sad thing is, its the damm masses who clap their hands and applaude this.

I wonder, just wonder if there is an association with benefit payments and class position. I wonder if individuals who have been born into middle-class or wealthy families, enjoyed a better level of health care, education. employment opportunity and general life chances would be claiming benefits. Or would it be individuals who have not had these opportunities. If anyone can be arsed to read Marx or Pierre Bourdieux's work on not only economic capital, but also social capital and cultural capital then please do. Or if thats too much trouble, may I recommend the Daily Mail, the Sun or 'my mate in the pub', or 'some bloke who sounded pretty convincing' all evidenced and neutral sources of information.

Okay so let me get this straight...... People are actually in support of the govt being able to monitor what we purchase now??? Is that the jist of this thread?
Read the thread again, and you should be able to see for yourself, that -on balance- this is not the case at all.

Feel better now? :)

Archived