Benefit Fraud-Govt to check your personal details to find cheats

thing is, this has nothing to do with the current government as it clearly states in the report...

The initiative on housing benefit, set up by the previous government, is to be rolled out across the country by the end of the year by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) headed by Iain Duncan Smith.

so it was labour who actually set it all up :)

thing is, this has nothing to do with the current government as it clearly states in the report...

so it was labour who actually set it all up :)

Yep, and they are also responsible for trying to get all those receiving benefits to have bank accounts instead of giro's or payment books. Partly to get rid of a load of customers that use P.O's so they can then close them, and also because any debts can be traced by the banks and recovered.

Personally I still refuse to have a bank account.

Yep, and they are also responsible for trying to get all those receiving benefits to have bank accounts instead of giro's or payment books. Partly to get rid of a load of customers that use P.O's so they can then close them, and also because any debts can be traced by the banks and recovered.

Personally I still refuse to have a bank account.

Prefer your dole money in cash eh?

If you were working you would have to have a bank account.

Unless its catch hand labour I dont think any reputable firms still pay out in cash do they?

Prefer your dole money in cash eh?

If you were working you would have to have a bank account.

Unless its catch hand labour I dont think any reputable firms still pay out in cash do they?

Sorry for the late reply, rain water on the phone line.

With the dole I get paid by Giro which is not cash.

Even if you are working you dont have to automatically agree to have wages paid into a bank account. Its still the law of the land that any wages or payments due should be paid in legal tender by coins of the Realm. No government or organisation can force anyone into having a bank account against their will, although in the DWP's case they will try to do just that.

On my last job it was agreed to pay me by a cash-able cheque, one that I could cash with their bank provider and in the job before that I was also paid in cash.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived