Benefit Fraud-Govt to check your personal details to find cheats

Quite. Christ, talk about 'divide and conquer'. When will we be seeing grainy footage of MPs flicking through the John Lewis list? Or Jackie Smith sneaking home to her actual home every night (which must have been recorded by her police protection squad)? Or Tony McNulty. Or Hazel Bears?

These are the people who should be hounded, investigated and then jailed.

like i said this should start at the top with tax evasion /avoidance etc which is the biggest fiddle then work through the system to the lowest fiddle benefit fraud etc .as with all governments this wont happen because they all stick together and blame the poorest in society and let the people in this country fight it out between them while lining their own bank accounts because no one is watching them :loopy:

I was of the understanding though that there was nothing to prevent someone else making loan/interest payments on behalf of the person claiming the benefit?
Of course not. But -taking your example- the people looking at the data wouldn't know that unless and until they interview/query/question the Dad and cross-check with the Son helping with the loan. Unless the Experian data is more extensive than people believe and shows them that anyway.

This is a 'from the private company incentivised to look for hints of fraud' perspective, I certainly never said the idea could or would work with 100% reliability. Plenty of posters have made relevant comments about that in the thread already.

Don't posters forget that this is supposed to be a paid-by-result ('bounty hunting') system. The more 'fraudsters' the private companies identify and report, the more they get paid (in principle). A system ripe for abuse, methinks :(

Also, I think that sometimes people can get loans even without a job if they have equity tied up in there property, or if they are home owners they can secure a loan to their property. So again, taking out a loan does not mean benefit fraud either.
That's not how it works. I'm not being glib here, but you'd (and should) only get a loan if you can repay it (with a wage, pension, whatever revenue). Equity-based loans simply means you get loaned the equity value (or a portion of it) of the asset (e.g. the property) which underwrites the loan. If you don't repay it, they'll grab the asset from you just the same as defaulting on a mortgage or any other form of secured loan.

I hope they devote the same time and money to tax evasion which will net them far more money, but then a lot of the main offenders are pals of the government and we mustn't upset them, must we...

Incidently, according to government figures, only 1% of the total is down to benefit fraud, far more is lost through administration error.

I won't hold my breath, they are highly unlikely to bite the hand that feeds them.

It's not just people at the top doing this......how many people work "cash in hand"?
plenty but as i said are these bounty hunters going to look at the government first :huh:

(i guess not)so they will pick on the vunerable and make scapegoats of them .like i said while the vunerable argue it out with each other they are still lining their pockets unchecked :hihi:

It is true. But Cameron's Eaton bully boys prefer to pick on the weak.

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/tax-evasion-costs-treasury-15-times-more-than-benefit-fraud/a378274

How is targeting people STEALING MONEY from the government via benefit fraud, picking on the weak?

Where as corporate fraud is probably more in terms of money, the damaging effects of benefit fraud could well be more damaging to the country on the whole.

How is targeting people STEALING MONEY from the government via benefit fraud, picking on the weak?

Where as corporate fraud is probably more in terms of money, the damaging effects of benefit fraud could well be more damaging to the country on the whole.

Didn't Maggie once champion the 'black economy'?

but its ok for them to do it to you :huh:

It is true. But Cameron's Eaton bully boys prefer to pick on the weak.

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/tax-evasion-costs-treasury-15-times-more-than-benefit-fraud/a378274

Hope that you don't pay anyone cash in hand for a discount and that you declare the income from the business in your link. Did you once say that you gave private music lessons?

Or is that sort of tax evasion ok with you?

Archived