The body test 1

What does this mean?

Have you been eating lots of beans? I'm the same weight as you and am about 31 waist. To go up by an inch and a half in a month and yet still weight relatively little suggests you're full of gas!

That is an woefully inadequate amount of calories for an adult, especially if you are doing exercise, which I assume you are if your fitness levels are 'excellent' You do not need to lose weight if you are of a normal height and weight 11 stone. Sounds to me like you just need to tone up a bit.

Who had advised you to eat so little, and what are their qualifications?

If you read back i'm between 11 and a half stone - 12, my weight fluctuates.

If i eat good in the week between 1000-1300 then i'm roughly looking at being 11 and a half stone. If i eat a takeaway at the weekend then my weight will go up.

I run and burn 500 - 700 calories 4 to 5 nights a week.

I'm no expert, but if you have belly podge, wouldn't toning up simply build up the muscle underneath the podge rather than get rid of it? I thought the only way is to burn off fat all over the body.

You can tone up as much as you like, but without shifting weight from that area you wont see any results.

Keep in mind fat will only go where it wants to.

My podge isn't the biggest belly in the world, but it still likes to grab and store fat around that area.

Very true Matty, i do feel your pain tho. I find almost impossible to shift weight that I dont want. As for men it goes straight to there stomach 1st. For women its to there bum. Apparently so Im told. But doing exercises on your stomach doesn't hurt things.

My podge isn't the biggest belly in the world, but it still likes to grab and store fat around that area.

All I can say matty, is I wish I had a ''podge that was a 35" waist, I couldn't get your jeans around one ankle! :hihi:

When us blokes get to a certain do we have to start having annual health check ups at the Docs?
Sadly I am of that 'certain age'-diabetes test, prostate tests, cholesterol, blood pressure, glaucoma, peakflow etc, etc..I thought I was going to live for ever when I was 25!

I'm with you Boyfriday, I wouldn't grumble on being 35 inch either!

That could be read one of two ways :hihi:

Archived