The body test 1

I'm no expert, but if you have belly podge, wouldn't toning up simply build up the muscle underneath the podge rather than get rid of it? I thought the only way is to burn off fat all over the body.

Had the OP really for 'belly podge' though? Their waist seems to have increased in size quite a lot, quite quickly. Sounds to me like a toning issue - you can't put that much fat on that quickly.

Sadly I am of that 'certain age'-diabetes test, prostate tests, cholesterol, blood pressure, glaucoma, peakflow etc, etc..I thought I was going to live for ever when I was 25!

That could be read one of two ways :hihi:

Ha ha, Waist!

What's peakflow and what age do they start calling you in for these tests? Good to see they've done away with the cough and drop!

If you read back i'm between 11 and a half stone - 12, my weight fluctuates.

If i eat good in the week between 1000-1300 then i'm roughly looking at being 11 and a half stone. If i eat a takeaway at the weekend then my weight will go up.

I run and burn 500 - 700 calories 4 to 5 nights a week.

Are you an adult? If so you're not eating nearly enough. Who is advising you to eat so little?

a fasting test is where you don't eat for a specified length of time and then your blood sugar levels are checked, (they ususally say something like, don't eat after 8pm the day before the appointment if your appointment is like 10 or 11am or something like that)

or you could have just gone to Google....

a fasting test is where you don't eat for a specified length of time and then your blood sugar levels are checked, (they ususally say something like, don't eat after 8pm the day before the appointment if your appointment is like 10 or 11am or something like that)

Fasting test: All my results came back ''Excellent'' and added 10 years onto my life.

Still not sure how taking the test can add 10 years to your life.

or you could have just gone to Google....

Thankyou. Using Google is too much like common sense for me.

When us blokes get to a certain do we have to start having annual health check ups at the Docs?

I'm with you Boyfriday, I wouldn't grumble on being 35 inch either!

I have to buy 32inch waist jean, so i dont know what the tape measure is talking about lol.

I'm thinner now than when i was 15-16 years old lol.

Still not sure how taking the test can add 10 years to your life.

I was told this information after the test.

Another poster commented on quick weight gain, which has puzzled me also for the last year. Maybe i dont eat enough? maybe my portion sizes are too big??

I've done various test over the years since losing 6-7 stone.

I did a diet not so long ago and shifted 14 pounds of fat in 2 weeks(i looked skinny and ill).

I've helped 4 people with the same diet and have been succesful in keeping it off.

Archived