The body test 1

I was told this information after the test.

Another poster commented on quick weight gain, which has puzzled me also for the last year. Maybe i dont eat enough? maybe my portion sizes are too big??

I've done various test over the years since losing 6-7 stone.

I did a diet not so long ago and shifted 14 pounds of fat in 2 weeks(i looked skinny and ill).

I've helped 4 people with the same diet and have been succesful in keeping it off.

It sounds to me like you don't eat enough so when you do eat your body lays down fat as quickly as possible, knowing that it might be a while before it gets another chance. Little and often is the best way - if I'm honest I eat a lot of calories per day, and don't do nearly enough exercise, but my 32" trousers are loose on me, and I have a BMI of about 20 - I eat all day, basically.

How do you know the 14lb you lost was fat? I thought sudden dramatic weight loss was almost always fluid? I know a lot of the weight I've lost in the last year (about a stone) has been muscle mass.

It sounds to me like you don't eat enough so when you do eat your body lays down fat as quickly as possible, knowing that it might be a while before it gets another chance. Little and often is the best way - if I'm honest I eat a lot of calories per day, and don't do nearly enough exercise, but my 32" trousers are loose on me, and I have a BMI of about 20 - I eat all day, basically.

How do you know the 14lb you lost was fat? I thought sudden dramatic weight loss was almost always fluid? I know a lot of the weight I've lost in the last year (about a stone) has been muscle mass.

Maybe the case, who knows? or maybe the portion sizes of my takeaways at the weekend are too much.

Another poster commented on quick weight gain, which has puzzled me also for the last year. Maybe i dont eat enough? maybe my portion sizes are too big??

I did a diet not so long ago and shifted 14 pounds of fat in 2 weeks(i looked skinny and ill).

I've helped 4 people with the same diet and have been succesful in keeping it off.

6-7 stone Jesus! You sure you aint got worms mate!

a fasting test is where you don't eat for a specified length of time and then your blood sugar levels are checked...

They'll probably test quite a few other things as well - A full liver panel, kidney function, cholesterol and triglycerides. (The latter two certainly need a fasting blood.)

Still not sure how taking the test can add 10 years to your life.

The test itself doesn't alter your life expectancy but if you adjust your diet and manage to 'improve' in certain areas - particularly cholesterol and triglycerides - that will.

Well done. - Now I see why you're so concerned about weight.

Much of it would be fluid. - Other than by amputation, you can't lose much more than 12 Oz of fat a day.

Maybe the case, who knows? or maybe the portion sizes of my takeaways at the weekend are too much.

They probably are. Most portions we eat are larger than we actually need.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well last week was a decent diet of

(breakfast) Bitesize (420cals)

(Lunch) Mackeral, 50g wheat pasta (400-500cals)

(Dinner) From baked potatoe, tuna and salad with some cheese to fish, broc and peas ect (400-500 cal meals)

2xcoffees a day, might squeeze in some nuts, seeds and dried fruit with half a natural yoghurt somedays.

Anyways my body fat was down to 17.1 and weight roughly 11 and half or just over, height just over 5'8 and half.

I sit all day in my job so have to be careful.

The week after eating well again untill the weekend where i ate chips, rice, curry and noodles with 2 slices of white bread. This is just a test to see how my weight, body fat, waist and feelings change.

After the chinese Saturday ''which i had at 9pm and fell to sleep on it'' i had a crappy sunday. I had to force my breakfast down Sunday, didn't eat lunch and struggled eating abit of bacon and egg on a small muffin with beans. I did however manage the banana and soya yoghurt an hour after.

Usual week of hard training (600 - 700cals burning) monday i had half a viennese finger after my veg and chicken dinner and yesterday at 11:45pm had some microwave chips with a slice of bread (dont usually do that btw) Anyways today i'm 17.7, up a pound, up an inch in waist and feeling quite low.

I'll explain my chinese meal so you know what portion size it was (Canton king, Middlewood Road) 1 chips to myself, 1 curry, half a noodles, half a rice and 2 slices of white bread. I also finnished off a few more chips left over by a friend and had a peice of terrys chocolate orange afterwards. (Noodles and rice from Blossom near oakland Road)

You thougfhts please?

P.s

Sorry about the messy post above.

Archived