Queens road bus depot

hi proops2000,

Obviously you know me, but who are you ?????

Yes indeed it was strange about the bus mirrors on landrovers. And would you believe they're still on as l've still got the landrover ??? ( Sad. I know. )

Yea it was Berni ( not Brynne, knew it began with a B. ) in the bike accident, killed the girl pillion passenger as well who he'd only just met on that holiday if l remember rightly. Remember it well as he and Graham Finney used to take the mick out of us apprentices .

Bill williams rings a bell as well. Where did he work ???

Does anyone remember a Craig Mortimer who was a bodyman at central works ??

Edited by jimbobaroo

• 1 year later...

I worked at Queens road between 1981-1985 as an apprentice fitter. We had Robbo, Tim Holmes, Mark & Dave Higgins,Dick Barton, to name a few.Always remember having to sing Christmas carols in front of the pits and ended up getting soaked wet thro with fire hoses. Anybody remember Paul Wieteska. he was one of those who got sacked for bullying apprentices! Worked with him at Kirkby Central, top bloke-think he learned from his mistakes. Be nice to know if anyone knows of any reunions planned!!

Worked there from 1970/72 some happy times & good laughs . Guys I can still remember Johnny Watson [Jug] , Melvyn [sorry cant remember his surname] ; Mick Tanzer ; Dave Stansfield [Claira]; Paul Harriman

Haza [Cant remember his real name] ; Dave Shepherd ; Terry Robinson ;Johnny Baxter; Grumps [Cant remember his name either] & lots more I have forgotten the names of over the years. Would be nice to know where they all are now.

Hello brinman,i don't know you but i'm still on the job.

John Watson left on sickness.

Melvyn Thompson works with Dave Shepherd at their firm 'Omnibox' at Sheepbridge.

Mick Tanzer left on sickness i think.

Dave Stansfield...dunno where he is.

Claira is Dave Brookfield...retired.

Terry Robinson had a sudden death at home...40yo.

Paul Harriman works at Rotherham depot.

Johnny Baxter went into planning and don't know where he is now.

Hazzer Roger Hazeldine left just before retiring and now lives in Spain.

Try Facebook

Edited by 1960boy

Just to pass on some bad news.

Phillip White, better known as Rivelino, passed away in February 2011 aged 63.

Phil was an electrician and worked for Transport during the 1970`s working mainly at Central Works and Leadmill Rd, before moving to maintenance.

Rest in peace Phil.

Hello brinman,i don't know you but i'm still on the job.

John Watson left on sickness.

Melvyn Thompson works with Dave Shepherd at their firm 'Omnibox' at Sheepbridge.

Mick Tanzer left on sickness i think.

Dave Stansfield...dunno where he is.

Claira is Dave Brookfield...retired.

Terry Robinson had a sudden death at home...40yo.

Paul Harriman works at Rotherham depot.

Johnny Baxter went into planning and don't know where he is now.

Hazzer Roger Hazeldine left just before retiring and now lives in Spain.

Try Facebook

Thanks for that 1960boy

Real shock to here about Terry Robinson I went to his wedding & reception at the Polish centre on Eccleshall Road real nice guy seems like yesterday cant believe it is 40yrs ago.