Do footballers deserve more money than doctors?

Do footballers really deserve to earn more money than doctors?

Wayne Rooney earns £5,200,000 per season (not year)

Doctors (and surgeons) salary starts at around £30,000 and consultants can earn upto £160,000

Top footballers earn more in one WEEK than an army private earns in 7 YEARS protecting his country in places like Iraq or Afghanistan!

I realise footballers work very hard for their money. Kicking a ball about must be very tough and the cost of supporting a lobotomised plastic titted 'trophy' wife must be astronomical ! (Breast augmentation aint cheap!)

Not much to say about surgeons really... they just work 80 hours or so a week and are so boring they never really make it to the Sun or Hello!

What do you think? :huh:

When 80,000 people are willing to pay the NHS £50 each to watch an operation whilst millions of others pay a subscription to watch it live on TV then the Doctors would be able to ask for a pay rise and the NHS would be in a position to pay it.

When 80,000 people are willing to pay the NHS £50 each to watch an operation whilst millions of others pay a subscription to watch it live on TV then the Doctors would be able to ask for a pay rise and the NHS would be in a position to pay it.

It's pretty easy to work out where the money comes from ... that wasn't my point as I'm sure most people would realise.

The point is, do you think it's morally right for footballers to earn obscenely large amounts of money for doing basically nothing compared to people who've put themselves through years of education and study? Is it morally right for them to earn over 350 times more than a soldier who's risking his life to protect our country? Personally I think not!

This is such an inane question and it doesn't matter what we think. Even if it did, the public would be unlikely to change the situation.

p.s. Are you some kind of doctor?

Of course it matters what we think! If it didn't do you think people would've bothered voting in the last election or was that inane in your mind as well?

It's pretty easy to work out where the money comes from ... that wasn't my point as I'm sure most people would realise.

The point is, do you think it's morally right for footballers to earn obscenely large amounts of money for doing basically nothing compared to people who've put themselves through years of education and study? Is it morally right for them to earn over 350 times more than a soldier who's risking his life to protect our country? Personally I think not!

Its not morally right for alleged drug taking fashionistas to earn more than Dr's just for promoting a piece of cloth or female warpaint, but we'l never change either thing.

No. We live in a ridiculous world where we idolise the vacuous and allow all manner of injustices to go unchallenged.

The wealth of these people lies in the realms of foolishness, yet it's unlikely to change any time soon.

Just to point out ... I was using doctors, surgeons and soldiers as an example due to these being the subject of a conversation I had with my O/H last night. There are of course a myriad of other professions to take into account. :)

Salaries are not decided by what people deserve. They are decided by market forces. As such, since millions of people pay to see Michael Buble and Manchester United, and nobody pays anything to see a surgeon performing an operation, footballers and entertainers earn more than surgeons. The question of who deserves what is simply a pointless one and not worth discussing.

Archived