Do footballers deserve more money than doctors?

But even the worst Premiership footballer is still better than at least 75% of all professional footballers. Theoretically at least, since at least 75% of professional clubs are ranked below the Premiership...

Is that English Premiership footballers, or successful ones ?

But not compared to Krauts playing in the Bundesliga.

I have no data on Bundesliga wages. I suspect that you could still argue that players on bad Premiership teams are more successful than players in good Bundeslige teams, because they earn more money for their performances - if, that is, you choose to interpret "success" as converting your abilities into the maximum personal income.

It would be interesting to know how the average Middlesbrough, or Bolton, wage compares to the average Bayern Munich salary.

I have no data on Bundesliga wages. I suspect that you could still argue that players on bad Premiership teams are more successful than players in good Bundeslige teams, because they earn more money for their performances - if, that is, you choose to interpret "success" as converting your abilities into the maximum personal income.

It would be interesting to know how the average Middlesbrough, or Bolton, wage compares to the average Bayern Munich salary.

According to the BBC, so spin a coin for veracity, the German Team were on 50% of our brave English team.

According to the BBC, so spin a coin for veracity, the German Team were on 50% of our brave English team.

If that's salaries while playing for the national side, it's not much help though; the vast bulk of a star footballer's salary does not come from international duty. In any event, the England footballers earn zero for their international performances since they donate it all to charity however much it is.

If that's salaries while playing for the national side, it's not much help though; the vast bulk of a star footballer's salary does not come from international duty. In any event, the England footballers earn zero for their international performances since they donate it all to charity however much it is.

No, salaries for their normal work. If England received Performance Related Pay I suspect that a few charities will have the begging bowls out.

I don't know off hand how many thousands of doctors there are in the UK but statistically 49.9% of them will be below average.

Below average doctors still receive six figure incomes and the driveway of a really terrible doctor is likely to outperform the entire training ground car park at Ches Vagas FC.

You knew this of course. :)

No...I didn't know this! You say that statistically 49.9% of an unknown number (not that it changes the percentage mind you) of doctors are 'below average'. Where did you find this exact statistic? I'd be interested to read it!

I really don't understand your last sentence at all and you've now introduced 'really terrible doctors' Surely they should be struck off! :o

Archived