Is it ok to take pills/tablets in your luggage when going abroad?

is it legal to take pills in your hand luggage or suitcase when travelling?

(eg, paracetamol, antihistamines, ear drops)

and would it be better to keep them in your hand luggage or suitcase?

thanks

If you put the pills in your hand luggage, make sure that they are in their original packaging.

is it legal to take pills in your hand luggage or suitcase when travelling?

(eg, paracetamol, antihistamines, ear drops)

and would it be better to keep them in your hand luggage or suitcase?

thanks

ask your travel agent, doctor or embassy for the country you are visiting,. I was told when I visited the states[ when I was there, a bit late] that the customs do not like paracetemol going into the states.

Many states have strict and punitive laws on codeine, which is found in quite a few otc medicines in this country. There won't be a general rule. If you're going to somewhere like Dubai you could end up with a lengthy prison sentence for possession of codeine. Check it out carefully as being executed could ruin your trip.

ask your travel agent, doctor or embassy for the country you are visiting,. I was told when I visited the states[ when I was there, a bit late] that the customs do not like paracetemol going into the states.

There's no problem at all with paracetamol in the US, it's widely available in pharmacies there, often in higher doses than in the UK. However, as previously mentioned, a lot of over the counter painkillers in the UK contain paracetamol combined with codeine, which is restricted in a large number of countries.

If you have prescription medication then you need to check whether it is controlled in the countries you are going to. Particularly if you have diazepam or other controlled drugs which are often prescribed for flight anxiety - you would definitely require a doctor's letter/prescription to travel with these.

Your fine, my Nan has loads of Medication e.g Heart tablets and lots of other things and even Inhalers, Your fine to take them, things like Inhalers they might give you a little plastic bag to put them in...

Archived