Talk talk rip off

I have just phoned Talk Talk to get my line put on and they said it would be a extra 15 pounds because the exchange is full which means basic package for broadband and phone £33 pounds r they havin a laugh this means others in my area r paying £15 les than me for the same service.

I have just phoned Talk Talk to get my line put on and they said it would be a extra 15 pounds because the exchange is full which means basic package for broadband and phone £33 pounds r they havin a laugh this means others in my area r paying £15 les than me for the same service.

Write to The Office of Communications (OFCOM).

If you don't like the service they are able to offer you can you not go elsewhere?

You can have mine -worse service i've ever recieved, i had dial up with a faster speed than they are providing.

I have the opposite problem, they are always hiking the speed up too high which makes it poor quality for gaming. Presumably they want it to look good on their figures. The useless Indian customer service are incapable of looking in to the problem.

My mother's phone line with Talktalk has been down since last week, she's 84 and having to resort to using her mobile.

I spoke with someone in India yesterday, it took 25 minutes to get through and then the cheeky beggars were 'phoning her on her mobile because that's her only means of contact.

Just means the exchange is full so you cannot use their LLU service. Sam knows website wil ltell you whom offers this service, and if there is a red cross at the side of it then it means it is either full, or not available at all.

If they added more customers that they could support, then it would end up like an o2 access package, with too many customers than they can handle, with a poor degraded service, with traffic managment then the 'unlimited' suddenly becomes relative.

sorry pal but you will have to wait, or go with another isp.

Write to The Office of Communications (OFCOM).

There's nothing they can do

Sky are exactly the same - if the exchange is full, they will offer you broadband for £17/month.

The service you will get is not the same either - if your exchange has capacity, you will be connecting to the internet via talk talk hardware installed in the exchange, and using their backbone network. This reduces costs for them.

OTOH, if talk talk do not have any 'ports' left on their equipment at the exchange, all they can do is offer to resell you BT's service - which costs them much more to do.

In short, take it or leave it - it's not unjust, or a rip off, it's possibly just unlucky they currently have no space.

Archived