Olive Bar Reviews please

Armadillo

hI, i am looking for any recent reviews of the olive bar. I need to book somewhere for a works night out next week. I walked passed it and noticed they do an early bird 5-7pm, 3 courses for £9.95. As I am booking for a few of us thought I would get some feedback before I take the plunge, cheers

It's ok. Not great, but you don't expect anything fantastic from a 3 course meal for £9.95 do you? Went today and had gammon and egg for £7 or so. Actually there is 50% off all food all day on Wednesday too and so it was only £3.50!

Service is good, drinks are fine, and they do nice cocktails. The one thing that really gets me about this place is the slight toilety smell, which you do get used to, but it is a bit unsettling!

So don't expect too much but for £9.95 you will certainly get good value for your money.

I have been going there since I arived in Sheffield 2 years ago.

The place is brilliant, the food is mouthwateringly delicious and the coctails are potent.

If you are in the upstairs bit, they will put a tab on your table for drinks if you request and offer table service so you don't have to keep going downstairs to the bar.

There is a cozy beer garden that has cover from the rain and also heaters.

The service is friendly and it has a great atmosphere.

(no, I don't work there)

I've been a few times. Food is generally OK although they tend to run out of the popular things quick.

Service in the bar downstairs is always fantastic but to be honest the service upstairs was once so bad I walked out (and as I did so someone else was complaining) had to ask after 15mins if we could order drinks and after waiting another 10mins later still with no drink or food order taken decided to leave. HOWEVER downstairs is always fab, table service if its not too busy and very smiley.

Archived