Public sector still wasting money on non-jobs, jollies and needless PR

My bold (1) - perhaps it is. Perhaps it is just as much of public interest to how Unions receive and spend their money, and how they get taxpayer money via the UMF despite their £millions gained from membership subs and the fact that some monies are directed at political parties whilst receiving taxpayer money.

My bold (2) - not really, it could easily be argued we are losing their tax revenue because they are effectively being forced offshore due to a regressive tax regime. If it's cheaper for them to be based abroad, they will follow the market, just as happens in any other market.

1) UMF? a few million quid to sweeten the unions for all the broken promises made at Warwick and that helped secure the 2005 Labour victory? You must be having a laugh.

2) Not sure how your point relates to the dishonesty of an organisation calling itself the Taxpayer's Alliance being funded by people that avoid paying tax? Your point seems to be one about closing down Tax havens, something I whole heartedly agree with but one the "Tax Payer's Alliance" would oppose..... and whilst they keep their funding secret we can only wonder why. :suspect:

1) UMF? a few million quid to sweeten the unions for all the broken promises made at Warwick and that helped secure the 2005 Labour victory? You must be having a laugh.

2) Not sure how your point relates to the dishonesty of an organisation calling itself the Taxpayer's Alliance being funded by people that avoid paying tax? Your point seems to be one about closing down Tax havens, something I whole heartedly agree with but one the "Tax Payer's Alliance" would oppose..... and whilst they keep their funding secret we can only wonder why. :suspect:

please elaborate

read that - perhaps I should have asked you to be more specific. Who is the supporter who avoids paying tax, any more than everyone avoids paying tax that is not due.

My point was that we don't know, because they aren't transparent about who their backers are.

Michael Ashcroft doesn't fund them of course.... :hihi:

http://www.taxpayersalliance.org/news/dirty-politics-michael-ashcroft-and-the-tpas-millionaire-funders

Have they been through a period of consultation? Which jobs are going?

I wasn't there today but he said it and it will be available on podcast soon. The consultancy period is worrying. I think he is referring to terminating agency contracts.

I wasn't there today but he said it and it will be available on podcast soon. The consultancy period is worrying. I think he is referring to terminating agency contracts.

Agency contracts or not... that is still a big cut in services and bad news for 400 people and their families.

My point was that we don't know, because they aren't transparent about who their backers are.

Michael Ashcroft doesn't fund them of course.... :hihi:

http://www.taxpayersalliance.org/news/dirty-politics-michael-ashcroft-and-the-tpas-millionaire-funders

So you're just guessing - throwing mud, hoping some of it sticks. But you appear to be wrong. :hihi:

Archived