Public sector still wasting money on non-jobs, jollies and needless PR

My point was that we don't know, because they aren't transparent about who their backers are.

Michael Ashcroft doesn't fund them of course.... :hihi:

http://www.taxpayersalliance.org/news/dirty-politics-michael-ashcroft-and-the-tpas-millionaire-funders

They're not a public organisation funded by the taxpayer and as a charity I guess they can take charitable donations from anybody, even non-doms and foreigners, unless there are rules against charities taking donations from abroad, it's not like they have to adhere to the rules set out for political parties because they're a non-political charity.

Funny how the thread has gone from public bodies wasting OUR money, to how a voluntary organisation is funded by voluntary donations and spends it's money. I suppose it shows how some peoples priorities are a little misguided.

Funny how the thread has gone from public bodies wasting OUR money, to how a voluntary organisation is funded by voluntary donations and spends it's money. I suppose it shows how some peoples priorities are a little misguided.

it's called deflecting the focus :)

They're not a public organisation funded by the taxpayer and as a charity I guess they can take charitable donations from anybody, even non-doms and foreigners, unless there are rules against charities taking donations from abroad, it's not like they have to adhere to the rules set out for political parties because they're a non-political charity.

They are quite obviously political, why else were they at the Tory party Conference? Which does rather make their claims of being a charity rather suspicious and something the charities commission is investigating to see if they have been using that status to avoid tax.

But your examples didn't show any waste of public sector money. All they showed was the meanness of the "Tax-Payers" Alliance.

So you're just guessing - throwing mud, hoping some of it sticks. But you appear to be wrong. :hihi:

No not guessing at all. Making a point about their hypocrisy.

We know from the limited information we have about them one of their Directors pays no tax in the UK at all.

We also know from the comments they make that they defend tax avoidance.

Where is their concern at the damage that tax avoidance does to the economy?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/feb/02/tax-gap-avoidance

There is none. They aren't interested in public finances or efficiency. They are a lobby group for the interests of dodgy millionaires.

But your examples didn't show any waste of public sector money. All they showed was the meanness of the "Tax-Payers" Alliance.

That's fair enough if you think sending workers on a jolly to the golf open is money better spent than keeping on a social worker that is about to get redundancy. I'd rather keep the social worker.

No not guessing at all. Making a point about their hypocrisy.

You know it really doesn't matter if they spend their money to fill swimming pools with champagne and have caviar wrestling competitions, because it's private donations.

That's fair enough if you think sending workers on a jolly to the golf open is money better spent than keeping on a social worker that is about to get redundancy. I'd rather keep the social worker.

"a couple of trestle tables" in St. Andrews is hardly excessive in the context of them holding their own open. If they hadn't gone they would be criticised for letting the City down and failing to take an opportunity to drum up business for the city and its businesses.

Archived