Name of doctor that practised in 70's on Beighton Road Woodhouse

:help: I remember the house the doctor had seemed to be quite big

outside the surgery entrance there were a few kids playthings.

Also there was no receptionist you just sat and took your turn to be seen I remember the doctor had a large display of many photo's on his wall

I can recall all this from nearly 30 odd year ago but i can't remember the bloomin doctors name:huh:

If someone could put me out of my misery and let me know what the doctor was called i'd be grateful :)

:help: I remember the house the doctor had seemed to be quite big

outside the surgery entrance there were a few kids playthings.

Also there was no receptionist you just sat and took your turn to be seen I remember the doctor had a large display of many photo's on his wall

I can recall all this from nearly 30 odd year ago but i can't remember the bloomin doctors name:huh:

If someone could put me out of my misery and let me know what the doctor was called i'd be grateful :)

You are talking about Dr Burrows surgery - next door to Balmoral Nursing Home that is built on the site of the old Woodhouse central club.

I can remember when my kids were ill taking them up to the front door and Mrs Burrows would make you wait in the hallway for a couple of minutes and the Dr Burrows would make those people in the waiting room wait until he had seen the children. I thought he was areally good guy - who knew his stuff and did everything except for family planning as he was a catholic!

Archived