Would you join the army?

would you join the army?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. would you join the army?

Why do you think soldiers are given rifles ?

Of course soldiers kill people but only a majority of them are called upon to do so.

Does that somehow magically change the fact that they get things done by killing people and threatening to kill people?

Seriously, I don't know who you're trying to argue with, but I don't hold the positions you are currently arguing against.

Does that somehow magically change the fact that they get things done by killing people and threatening to kill people?

Seriously, I don't know who you're trying to argue with, but I don't hold the positions you are currently arguing against.

Sorry but you have lost me.

I realise that life for an infantryman is different to that of a tradesman which I was. Thought of transferring ?

Ive done my bit with RE and the scaley backs to be perfectly honest i loved it but il always be a crap hat in my head :hihi:

These days tho i help turn recruits into soldiers or atleast try too :huh:

I never said that it did. The fact remains that they are paid by the government and their main function is to kill people that the government tells them to.

The tax payer pays for the armed forces.The government merely process and hand it over to them.As i said before,the army is paid to defend our interests,and may have to kill,if needs be. Does Mr Smith in the munitions factory get paid to kill? Even though he only makes the bullets.

Ive done my bit with RE and the scaley backs to be perfectly honest i loved it but il always be a crap hat in my head :hihi:

These days tho i help turn recruits into soldiers or atleast try too :huh:

basic training i remember it well, and junior tac, senior tac. only thing wales is good for.

Archived